+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Krell Kav 300il intergrated amplifier, in silver.

I'm Grant.

Lovely thing that. Nice build quality
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Vince.

It really is Grant. I bought it new for £3700 and had it for years. Then it developed a problem that was apparently regular with this model. I paid MAC electronics from Wallsend £494 for a complete rebuild...input to output all utilisising surface mount technology. Meanwhile while it was away I bought my Musical Fidelity AMS 35I and discovered that the Isotek Sigmus high current outlet could not deliver the juice it needed. When I got the Krell back I tried it in the Sigmus and then straight into wall........Whoosh, for years (I owned the Sigmus before the Krell)... it transnformed the sound of it. I had been strangling the Krell of current, thinking I was doing the right thing by plugging into a protected mains outlet. To be honest, if I knew just what the Krell could produce with juice straight from the wall, I may not have bought the MF AMS 35I. But you lives and learns, I still love my MF to bits......we will never know. As I originally stated, maybe the very last amp you will ever own. Wish I had the money. Cheers, Vince

I'm gone.

Yep, Krell power or integrated amps need to go straight into the wall socket - power conditioning strangles them, as you say!

I had a 300i - very nice, and the 300il is said to be a significant improvement.

GLWS - if I had the spare dosh I'd snap this refurbed example up, but I am way overspent already ths year!

I'm Vince.

Bump

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I'm Vince.

Bump

I'm Vince.

Bump

I'm Vince.

Bumbety bump bump

I'm Vince.

Bump

I'm Vince.

Come on chaps.......an absolute steal.......high end sound for sensible money

I'm Vince.

Bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast