+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hotmail problem

I'm Dave.

Default Hotmail problem

I keep around 60 sent messages in the Hotmail 'sent' folder, for reference. Just gone on there and all but today's messages have disappeared. I can't find them in any folder or the 'deleted' folder.

Any ideas ?

I'm Alan.

Steps to restore lost or missing sent emails in your Hotmail account
    The first step is to sign in to your Hotmail account
    Here from the home page, you need to click on the Mail & More option in the icons from the top of your screen
    Then go to the left navigation, click on each of the Sent Messages folders from Folders on MSN and under Folders on your Computer to see if copies of your sent emails are available there or not. In case, not there then you need to continue with the next steps
    Here at the top of the screen, just click on the Help & Settings icon and then click on E-mail Settings option
    Now click on Email options, here you need to make sure both of these options are checked
    Save a copy of each sent message in the Sent Messages folder
    Save a copy of each sent message in the Sent Messages folder on this computer
    And your recovery is done. Now onward, you won’t miss any sent mail from your Hotmail account and previous ones too.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Dave.

Alan,
    Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately, being a numpty, I couldn't work through your second suggestion. I have checked all the folders on the left and the sent messages are not there not even in the deleted folder when I attempt to 'recover' them.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Steps to restore lost or missing sent emails in your Hotmail account
    The first step is to sign in to your Hotmail account
    Here from the home page, you need to click on the Mail & More option in the icons from the top of your screen
    Then go to the left navigation, click on each of the Sent Messages folders from Folders on MSN and under Folders on your Computer to see if copies of your sent emails are available there or not. In case, not there then you need to continue with the next steps
    Here at the top of the screen, just click on the Help & Settings icon and then click on E-mail Settings option
    Now click on Email options, here you need to make sure both of these options are checked
    Save a copy of each sent message in the Sent Messages folder
    Save a copy of each sent message in the Sent Messages folder on this computer
    And your recovery is done. Now onward, you won’t miss any sent mail from your Hotmail account and previous ones too.
    Doesn't this depend on which email program he is using?
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

+ Reply to Thread