+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Based Systems. Who's got one?

I'm Geoff.

Default Vintage Based Systems. Who's got one?

If you run a system based on 'Vintage' or 'Classic' components, please tell us what you're using. I think pre 1980 equipment is what we're talking about here.

My system is part vintage. I often use a late sixties ADC cartridge (10E Mk.II) and my main TT is a Toshiba SR-370 with Mission 774 arm, I run a pair of Tannoy Chatsworth II speakers. These items are from the seventies and sound lovely. The Chatsworths do not use the regular HPD 315A, the are equipped with the later 3128 drivers, which I find superior.

My amplification is modernish though. Class A valves or Class A solid state. My newest CD player dates from about 2003.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

Cool

As many know I run:

15" Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lockwood Universals (1968)
    Thorens TD124 MKII. (1966)
    SME 3009 S2 (1967)
    Goldring G800 (1969-70something)
    Valve wise I run numerous ones from the 1940's 50's and 60's

Rest of my setup is from the 90's onwards.
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 29-05-2014 at 10:40.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Garrard 401 from 1971 the is the only vintage kit in my system at the moment, if you don't count the NOS valves in my 300b monoblocks.

I've a wooden sleeve A21 in the cupboard which gets an occasional airing, and also an old Yamaha receiver. A fair few NOS valves of various kinds too.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Nodrog.

Just the Quad 57s now.

Maybe when the wife retires and we have a bit more spare dosh, I will be able to sneak a few more past her!!

PS: Just remembered the Leak Stereo 20 of course dated 1961. That 'orrible Firebottle's OTL has finally replaced it in the main system after 25 years!! Its restin' sans valves upstairs.
    Last edited by Gordon Steadman; 29-05-2014 at 10:27. Reason: PS

I'm stu.

301 and coral speakers are pretty old.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    coral speakers are pretty old.
    Which ones are they Stu?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm stu.

M100 mids and h104 tweeters geoff.

and just debating weather to get coral bass units.

I'm Geoff.

Very nice!

I'm stu.

I'm Martin.

My Akai speakers are from 1973 and I now have an HK 930 receiver also from 1973 but I have yet to 'mate them up' It should be interesting as both products sold mainly on the American market and it is quite possible they would have been partnered together 'back in the day' along with a DD turntable and a reel to reel as sources.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast