+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Innous zen mini mk2 review

I'm Ian.

A little addition for the Zen mini arrived this morning.

It's a 50VA PSU from reelaudio.co.uk priced at £149. Not much to look at but definitely makes a difference. It's removed hash I didn't even knew I had All round a real improvement. Arrived day after ordering too.

I'm Neil.

Default Innous zen mini mk2 review

So stock, the Innuos Zen has a bit of digital hash to the sound? One of their selling points vs. a computer is claimed “minimising power noise”, yet strapping a cheap linear to it is helping? Seems to defeat the object, or suggest that the PSRR isn’t so high for the Zen as claimed.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Timothy.

Like most things built to price point, including the Zen Mini and its wall-wart supply, I would imagine a better off board linear supply could potentially improve things. Then again, like a lot of things in this Audio world, as long as the owner is pleased and feels it is an improvement, that is all that matters really. In my opinion of course....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Neil.

Default Innous zen mini mk2 review

I've taken a look inside & it looks a lot like my self-built media server i.e. a passive cooled 'SoC' processor, mini-ITX motherboard, nothing different really to any mini PC, apart from a custom Linux OS.

It does look like a nice plug and play unit though, no faff to get things configured.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 07-11-2018 at 06:28.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

As I have said before when I reviewed the InnuOs Zen Mini these servers upgrade your whole digital performance significantly more than just swapping DACs. Their flexibilty and ease of use with digital files is superb along with Ipeng as a controlling interface via an ipad. Their ability to reduce much of the noise in digital architecture is very apparent when you hear one in a system. I listened to one with triple linear power supplies the other day and it allowed the music to sound so smooth and transparent. Bass dropped far lower than any CD or Laptop FBA I have heard via a DAC. Yes the top models are pricey but they do have complicated expensive power supplies.

For me the Zen Mini did enough to convince me this was the way to go and wiped the floor with FBA via a Laptop. And the killer USP as you mentioned Neil - "nice plug and play" No faff.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm tony.

I treated myself to a two headed lavri reference usb.

One run for power the other for audio signal.

Both plug into the zen on different usb ports--then into my usb dac.

gave it a couple of hundred hours to settle down-its a nice upgrade to the single lavri reference i was using IMHO.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post

gave it a couple of hundred hours to settle down-its a nice upgrade to the single lavri reference i was using IMHO.
    Amazing what you get for £20 these days

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post

If you run then both into the same device isn't that defeating the purpose of the lead of using a separate power supply?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Apologies if this has already been covered but in the event the internal storage of the Innuos runs out of capacity would it accept an external hdd for playback directly attached to the rear?

I'm Ian.

Can any Zen Mini Mk2 owner help me on this question please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast