+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Innous zen mini mk2 review

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    There was an ex dem 1TB one on eBay at the weekend for £450 but the version 3 is out now so people must be upgrading.
    If you fancy a listen PM me...im off work for a wee while

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    For me it was an improvement in frequency extremes...bass and treble.

I reckon, now having got a few hours on it the zen sounds even sweeter- the resolution is just breath taking.
    Turbo charges your DAC. Folk would be far better spending money on one of these rather than upgrading their DAC?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Turbo charges your DAC. Folk would be far better spending money on one of these rather than upgrading their DAC?
    Im in agreement....shite in shite out!

best dac in the world cant sort a dirty signal

I'm Ian.

Sort of depends on the quality of the source in the first place. As I said before, my mac mini was perfectly capable of allowing me to distinguish between DACs I've been trying lately. Having said that, the Zen mini is a step up again. Maybe not as huge as some folk here have found but definitely worth it. Yesterday I was a bit stunned by the extra bass on offer and this morning I've been trying gentler stuff such as Emiliana Torrini's Fisherman's Women. The mac was perfectly capable of allowing the emotion to come through, the Zen even more so. Next step is to try a linear power supply which hopefully will be next week.

I'm Robert.

I've just picked one of these up along with a SOTM SM200 Ultra Neo to replace my Auralic Aries Mini.

Will see how it fairs through the SOTM and direct to my DAC.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    If you fancy a listen PM me...im off work for a wee while
    Thanks Tony.

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Sort of depends on the quality of the source in the first place. As I said before, my mac mini was perfectly capable of allowing me to distinguish between DACs I've been trying lately. Having said that, the Zen mini is a step up again. Maybe not as huge as some folk here have found but definitely worth it. Yesterday I was a bit stunned by the extra bass on offer and this morning I've been trying gentler stuff such as Emiliana Torrini's Fisherman's Women. The mac was perfectly capable of allowing the emotion to come through, the Zen even more so. Next step is to try a linear power supply which hopefully will be next week.
    Ian.
    if you dont mind, let me know what linear supply you go for....im going down the same path

I'm Ian.

A few options, I'll pm you

I'm tony.

Thanks Ian.

reckon Dave Brooks at MCRU is getting my money.

Nick Goram is willing to build me one, LDA supplies have an outstanding reputation.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1969 View Post
    I've just picked one of these up along with a SOTM SM200 Ultra Neo to replace my Auralic Aries Mini.

Will see how it fairs through the SOTM and direct to my DAC.
    Let us know what you think, been looking at the Neo recently.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast