+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Innous zen mini mk2 review

I'm Gary.

Glad you got it all sorted Tony.
    The squeezebox software is fantastic, loads of great plug ins to explore.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    as a digital front end it is outstanding..had a proper listen last night, real game changer for me.

squeeze box software ...still loads of support

out performs a MAC at a fraction of the cost

investigating a linear supply
    Hi Tony, glad you have found the Innuos makes a significant difference. I was gobsmacked when I moved from my Macbook pro running Audirvana to the Innuos. It was simply no contest.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    squeeze box software ...still loads of support
    I've been banging on about how good it is for years.
    Welcome to the club
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Tony, glad you have found the Innuos makes a significant difference. I was gobsmacked when I moved from my Macbook pro running Audirvana to the Innuos. It was simply no contest.
    James
    Gobsmacked sums it up perfectly.

i hadnt realised how much better digital could sound

I'm tony.

Contacted Innous support regards inability to get spotify playing....came straight back to me-should be sorted by the end of the week.

they offered to help remotely-bit too much for me...the support is excellent.

had one of the troops over for a listen....he confirmed what im hearing-game changer for me

I'm inactive.

Don't really see the point of comparing the output of whichever Innous variant and a laptop
    Bit like comparing the utility of a surgeon's scalpel with a swiss army knife ...

Just as I doubt a Zen Mini would be much good for word-processing or video editing, there is no reason why a laptop (of whatever make) should equal or outdo a gizmo designed for, and dedicated to, handling music files.
    If I did buy a Zen (for instance) I would still keep a desktop machine for all the other stuff I use it for - the Zen would simply be an additional expense.

What would be useful for those (such as myself) contemplating buying a streamer and/or ripper would be comparisons with 'like-for like' gadgets.
    As it is I still don't have much of a scooby about them ... and there are so many out there - seems to be more by the day!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Don't really see the point of comparing the output of whichever Innous variant and a laptop
    Bit like comparing the utility of a surgeon's scalpel with a swiss army knife ...

Just as I doubt a Zen Mini would be much good for word-processing or video editing, there is no reason why a laptop (of whatever make) should equal or outdo a gizmo designed for, and dedicated to, handling music files.
    If I did buy a Zen (for instance) I would still keep a desktop machine for all the other stuff I use it for - the Zen would simply be an additional expense.

What would be useful for those (such as myself) contemplating buying a streamer and/or ripper would be comparisons with 'like-for like' gadgets.
    As it is I still don't have much of a scooby about them ... and there are so many out there - seems to be more by the day!!
    so what do you store your digital files on?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm inactive.

so what do you store your digital files on?
    SSD

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    SSD
    On what, NAS or laptop or server?

I'm inactive.

On what, NAS or laptop or server?
    ... none of the above

Not particularly sure why that's relevant to the workings of a streamer/ripper/server - surely such a machine would make whatever I currently use redundant?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast