Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Innous zen mini mk2 review

I'm tony.

Default Innous zen mini mk2 review

Innous zeb mini mk2 1tb drive ---£600

Amazon fire tablet----£50

Orange squeeze app ----£3.05

10m cat 6 ethernet cable ---£5

USB DAC of your flavour ( Beresford seg ....probably ideal)

I was looking for a plug and play high quality server/streamer with all the advantages over a lap top....solid state/fanless/cd ripper and good support.

Happened across Innous servers -did a bit of googling....they ticked all my boxes.

My system is pretty resolved regards speakers/amps/cabling and power supply my weak link was my lap top.

My sons MAC sounded noticeably better than my acer lap top so i pulled the trigger on the Zen.

big jump sonically...reduction of noise across the board.

better bass/treble/detail resolution.

Great bit of kit IMHO

I'm Brian.

Hi mate , you have PM .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm tony.

Gies a bell

I'm Grant.

gies a job
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

gies a gammy!!

I'm inactive.

Been very attracted by Innous stuff given some of the rave reviews it's had here ... the Zen makes it almost affordable (although still limited in function)

Only reservation I have is the same as for any gadget that depends on proprietary, and essentially niche, software - if the company folds ... bye bye updates, support, etc.... Had that before and decided then to be wary.

The same holds for the Brennan thingumabob - nice idea but how long a life?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Been very attracted by Innous stuff given some of the rave reviews it's had here ... the Zen makes it almost affordable (although still limited in function)

Only reservation I have is the same as for any gadget that depends on proprietary, and essentially niche, software - if the company folds ... bye bye updates, support, etc.... Had that before and decided then to be wary.

The same holds for the Brennan thingumabob - nice idea but how long a life?
    I was considering a Zen but they seem very overpriced to me, especially for the higher capacity drives. The upgrade from 1tb to an 8tb drive on the new Zen 3 is 550 quid. It's possible to buy a good 8tb NAS drive for around 200 quid. No possible justification for such pricing!

Geoff

I'm James.

If anyone is interested in Innuos servers please give Steve Hitch a ring at Sonority as he us an AOS member but also a dealer for Innuos. Mention my name and he should give you a good deal. His customer service is excellent. He may also have some second hand servers available at a good price. You can contact him here.

http://www.sonoritydesign.co.uk
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    The upgrade from 1tb to an 8tb drive on the new Zen 3 is 550 quid. It's possible to buy a good 8tb NAS drive for around 200 quid. No possible justification for such pricing!

Geoff
    OUCH !! - baddd ... had enough of that gouging with Apple.

I'm tony.

as a digital front end it is outstanding..had a proper listen last night, real game changer for me.

squeeze box software ...still loads of support

out performs a MAC at a fraction of the cost

investigating a linear supply

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast