+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your oldest regularly used component and why ?

I'm Grant.

Thinking about this oldest is my cartridge, followed by speaker drivers then tonearm then turntable. Everything else is new now.
    Cart is from 61. So not much younger than me but in much better nick
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

Yes Lawrence, they are, and are still around, second hand, as are on occasions, various ESS models of speaker.
    They didn't do any further work on the Heil after '74, except to use the 'wedding veil' gauze across the diaphragm peaks to aid control. A shame really. The speakers are still made.

When I had my first pair I acquired the brochure for the power amp, in about '95, and it was so far ahead in spec I was stunned.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Yes Lawrence, they are, and are still around, second hand, as are on occasions, various ESS models of speaker.
    They didn't do any further work on the Heil after '74, except to use the 'wedding veil' gauze across the diaphragm peaks to aid control. A shame really. The speakers are still made.

When I had my first pair I acquired the brochure for the power amp, in about '95, and it was so far ahead in spec I was stunned.
    The power amp was beautiful I still regret selling it. And far ahead of its time.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm alan.

My Rothwell Indus Passive preamp, on version 3 now, but always had one since it's inception way back in 1989..........
    Great passive pre that just dissapeares, and is very versatile.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Oh and the humble giant killer......me trusty Goldie MM-1242.

I'm Paul.

My speakers which date back to somewhere between 1994 - 1997 although you would never know it to look at them.

I bought them a few years ago off a guy who said he had them from new but never got on with them. He stuck them back in their original boxes to lay dormant in the loft for decades.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Ian.

I love the old stuff, back in the 70s I lusted after a Rotel RX802 but ended up with an RA412, had it ever since but was on long term loan to my father for many years and is away for service right now. I got the 802,about 10 years back, for a fiver too. Needed some bulbs and one new cap but is in regular use.

Getting more use is my meridian 101/103d and technics sb-f1. The 103 is a brilliant amp but too bright with the technics speakers, I really must move them to the Rotel 802.

All late 70s and still going strong.

My latest arrival is a late 70s black tulip 380 pre amp which was destined for my main system but it arrived dead and is still not back from the repair shop. I have high hopes and might even chase down the matching power amp.

Great thing about vintage gear is it sounds great, holds its value and can on occasions be bought chea
    ply

I'm Steve.

1960 Radford Sta12

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Why?
    This amp found me, had never heard of Radford and thought valves where out of my reach. My other valve amp is a 2x12 guitar amp so I've always had an appreciation / desire for vslves. I don't think there is any going back from this amp.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Bought a philips pre amp from 1979, bit uncouth, brash and bass heavy but dynamic and fun at the same time. Really great to listen to now I have padded the input down by 20db. Swapping out some electroytic caps for PP is the next move. Have high hopes

I'm Brady.

Crimson 610 pre amp, and it does a great job with the Quad 405's.. I just enjoy the vintage and build visual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast