+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Been here a while, time to say hello

I'm Michael.

Default Been here a while, time to say hello

Hello all from sunny Scotland, ahem.

Time to introduce myself and see if there are any other hifi nuts in my area. I've been back into music and hifi in particular since the kids grew up, that's about five years ago now, I guess. I've been happily revisiting all my old albums and even buying some new. The CD player gets used a fair bit too, and I may even get one of those new fangled devices for playing digital files some day... some day.

Anyway, I would love to hear from anyone in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area or just anyone in general who likes their music. I have broad tastes but favourites are Gerry Rafferty, Don McLean, Pretenders, Motown, Difford/Tilbrook - I like anything that has a good tune really.

I have been using a Sony PS6750 recently with Naim amps, which sounds pretty good to my ears. I also have a Pink Triangle and an LP12, I like a change every so often.

So, to those who do the work, thanks for hosting a great site that is a wonderful source of information and discussion. Long may both it and you continue,

Mike

I'm Grant.

Welcome Mike. Granite City man then. My mum lived there for many years and my gran longer still although neither were locals. My grandad was from Banchory
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Michael.

Hello Grant,

Yes Aberdeen born but live in the shire, Peterhead way. It's a nice area to live in, I enjoy the space and the surroundings. Thanks very much for the welcome!

Best,
    Mike

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Armbored View Post
    Hello Grant,

Yes Aberdeen born but live in the shire, Peterhead way. It's a nice area to live in, I enjoy the space and the surroundings. Thanks very much for the welcome!

Best,
    Mike
    Got electrocuted outside a pub in Peterhead's harbour lol so not my favourite place.
    Used to enjoy my trips up there and usually stayed at the hotel in Fraserburgh. Think it was the royal. Those were the days.

Sure u will enjoy the site
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Michael.

Good grief man, that's ridiculous! I'm happy to report the town seems to have it's power problems sorted now, so don't hold it against us :-)
    Already enjoy the site, thanks!

Cheers
    Mike

I'm Grant.

lol... was a very long time ago. Still bear the scars tho.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS.

Great part of the world, love that part of Scotland.
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Welcome Michael,

I got chucked out of Aberdeen Swimming baths for bombing. That was in 1971. Most memorable for me was visiting Rubislaw quarry, which was a giant 400 foot deep hole in the ground. I believe it's full of water now, so perhaps not as impressive.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread