+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: XLR Cable shoot out - including the Spotfire IC

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Thanks Blueflash for your reply. I should have been clearer it will be unbalanced cable, it is between a Dac and amp. Unfortunately I have hardly any soldering experience or any equipment and for 1 or 2 cables probably not worth it when many more experienced people are making them up unless I use the non solder plugs.
    As for sound I want a fairly neutra but not brighter, if anything a touch warmer, my system is very neutral I would say which is fine with well recorded music. I may try a few cables, see if I can tell the difference, I have some Tandy Gold at the moment. The Sommer cable was a bit dissapointing in this test. The spotfire sounds good but is much more money.
    Hi Ray,
    I would try a selection of unbalanced cables, but try to get one that uses 100% foil shielding, I think it helps to stop RFI and could cut down a bit of harshness.
    I know that Van Damme do a single ended cable but I don't know how it would sound in your system because I have only been using balanced for the last 15 years !!!!

I'm Ray.

Ok thanks. When I get my DAC I may well get a load of cables to try out.

Is the Spotfire still available?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789