+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ikeda at Ammonite Audio

I'm Hugo.

Default Ikeda at Ammonite Audio

I will soon be offering Ikeda headshells and tonearm cables at Ammonite Audio.

The Ikeda IS-2T headshell is a lovely, sensibly designed thing with adjustable overhang and azimuth, courtesy of a beautifully machined titanium connector barrel. Price for the standard matt silver version is £249 including VAT and UK delivery (black finish costs £275).

Ikeda's HBC-MS-5000DR DIN-RCA tonearm cable with straight DIN connector is £795 (also available with right angle connector)

These items will be in stock in roughly 4 weeks.
    Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 28-09-2018 at 18:46. Reason: Spelling

montesquieu Guest

I wish you'd stop doing this to me Hugo, I'm skint already ... that arm cable is the one that came with my Ikeda IT-345 CR1 tonearm and it's an absolute cracker, now that I know it can be bought separately it's going to bug me! Not that the AN-V arm cable I'm using on the second Ikeda arm is too shabby but it would certainly be nice to pick up another Ikeda one.

Also a vote for the Ikeda headshells, for low compliance cartridges I have found them to be the best I've ever come across. I have a chromed one, an black enameled one (which is stunning looking), a brushed silver one, and a black annodised one ... what I like about them is their adjustability and solidity ... they have such a nice precision engineered feel. My previous favourite had been the Fidelity Research S3 headshell (20g) - which is still a great headshell - but I've been phasing that out in favour of the Ikeda ones.

I'm Hugo.

Nice to know that you rate the Ikeda tonearm cable. Hopefully that and the Ikeda headshells will be here before long.

+ Reply to Thread