+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What on Earth is this machine ? Part 1

I'm Andrew.

Default What on Earth is this machine ? Part 1

I’ve ruled out time machine !
    That antenna looking thing sticking out of the smaller box turns though only in a semi circle ( I think ) I’ve not powered this thing as I don’t wish to burn the house down plus I don’t have the 3 pin power plug ( bottom right ) .
    Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to build/invent this thing so I’d hate to throw it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

I may be wrong but it appears as an engraving machine capable of writing ABC or D , if so likely another machine then did numbers
    the time intervals may have enabled the size of the letter. A local museum may be interested in preserving it.

The mains connector is a Bulgins brand the same as Quad used in the 33 and 303 until the late 1970's

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    I may be wrong but it appears as an engraving machine capable of writing ABC or D , if so likely another machine then did numbers
    the time intervals may have enabled the size of the letter. A local museum may be interested in preserving it.

The mains connector is a Bulgins brand the same as Quad used in the 33 and 303 until the late 1970's
    Wow ! That was quick and I can see where you’re coming from too , I will look for the plug , thanks very much .

I'm Martin.

The perspex box is quite obviously Orac from Blakes 7.

The wooden box is for creating an electromagnetic pulse that will shut down all electronic devices within a mile area, a bit like in Ocean's Eleven. Switch Orac on and he will explain how to use it, albeit in a supercilious and condescending manner.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The perspex box is quite obviously Orac from Blakes 7.

The wooden box is for creating an electromagnetic pulse that will shut down all electronic devices within a mile area, a bit like in Ocean's Eleven. Switch Orac on and he will explain how to use it, albeit in a supercilious and condescending manner.

I'm Geoff.

The numbers on the bigger box have either an 'S' or 'M' after them. Could that stand for seconds and minutes? Also, the short cable coming from the smaller box looks like a cable shutter release for a camera of some sort. Could the whole lot be for controlling photography and lighting under lab conditions?

I'm Andrew.

Well I’ve been driving up and down the nearby A5 at precisely 88mph in my Berlingo van with this contraption in back and it doesn’t seem to be working

I'm Alan.

I think it is a time machine of sorts. Though I would prefer it to be Orac...

I guess it is a mechanical timer box. The motor turns the segmented switch gear that pulses the solenoid (PY6--- jobbie) in the other box that operates the cable thing. The 'counter' in the first box records the number of pulses perhaps. Could be a time-lapse photo timer or something like?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Well I’ve been driving up and down the nearby A5 at precisely 88mph in my Berlingo van with this contraption in back and it doesn’t seem to be working

Shit speedos in French cars, you were probably only doing about 83mph. That would explain it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Shit speedos in French cars, you were probably only doing about 83mph. That would explain it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast