+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Amplifier hum

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I too am wondering whether the tweeter upgrade would hit the spot
    Disconnect the tweeter if you can and then listen to them. If the problem is still there, a tweeter 'upgrade' won't help.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Disconnect the tweeter if you can and then listen to them. If the problem is still there, a tweeter 'upgrade' won't help.
    After my last post, that very thought occurred to me too. And there also have been times when I've thought how good it would be if I could just attenuate the offending frequency, but never thought it possible (except with some kind of equaliser, and that seemed a bit of a sledgehammer approach). I just need to get my hands on a little torx screwdriver to disconnect the tweeters. I will then put my findings on here.

If I do end up buying the tweeter upgrade, I will certainly follow Lawrence's sound advice, makes good sense. Thanks for all your help guys
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456