+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale, Quad Artera Stereo Power Amp

I'm John.

Default For Sale, Quad Artera Stereo Power Amp

As seems to happen with this hobby, the itch to try something different is upon me once again and so I thought I would list my Quad Artera power amp to see if there might be somebody interested in it first.

The amplifier is in black, is in excellent unmarked condition and is complete with original shipping box, owners manual and cloth gloves for handling the thick glass top plate. It is a heavy (15kgs) and very fine sounding amplifier and is equipped with both RCA and Quad's newly developed balanced XLR inputs. It is conservatively rated at 140 watts into 8 ohms and 250 watts into 4 ohms. It was manufactured in February 2017 and is therefore 18 months old.

According to Quad ''From the transformer to the input terminals, each section of the Artera has been engineered from the ground up to ensure power, musicality and stability. The Artera Stereo produces 140 Watts RMS per channel – ample power for driving first-class loudspeakers, unfaltering even under high dynamic and transient conditions thanks to the patented Current Dumping technology. Special attention has also been paid to the newly developed balanced XLR inputs. The robust connections are yet another string to the Artera Stereo's bow, with an incomparable signal to noise ratio''.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...wer-amplifier/

Offers very good value at current retail of £1499. Asking £825 plus delivery for mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by walpurgis; 20-11-2018 at 16:17. Reason: Title edit

I'm John.

Time for an 'it's almost the middle of the week' bump

I'm John.

Friday night bump

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The very best 606 derived model yet (the little tweaks have kept the design sharp) and the balanced inputs do the business too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm John.

Thanks for your observations.

I must confess that I had never owned or listened to any of Quad's earlier amplifiers.

However, when I was originally looking for a smooth but powerful solid state amplifier with balanced inputs I was pointed in the direction of the Artera as one for serious consideration that performed well beyond its price point. I have not been disappointed but I just have this growing curiosity to try something different.

I'm John.

Bump...?

I'm John.

Still available

I'm John.

A little surprised there has not been much interest in this amplifier and after a further internet search I came across the below review by Paul Seydor who seemed to like it a lot and concluded ''I have absolutely no hesitation in pronouncing the Artera Stereo by a good margin the finest amplifier the company has ever made and unquestionably the most uncompromised implementation of Walker’s current-dumping circuit. It’s a really superior design in every way''.

http://www.audioemporium.com/latest/...a%20Review.pdf

I would be happy to consider delivering or meeting up within a reasonable distance of Ipswich for the cost of fuel.

I'm John.

Bump

I'm John.

Now on eBay but any interest or offers still welcome here....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast