+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Plans for Tannoy HPD 385

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    Looking good, I'd front mount the driver John.
    Thanks Frank and thanks for your help.

Will try front mounting, no gasket at the minute.

I take it it will sound different?

I'm John.

Not sure if this link will work....especially for Macca, some Diana Krall.

https://imgur.com/ch6EYbO

I'm Richard.

You may wish to staple a piece of cloth over the rear of the port to contain the rockwool particles that may become airborne as air flows out of the port.
    Last edited by ToTo Man; 24-01-2020 at 13:08.
    Main System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Yamaha A-S3000 > Celestion Ditton 66
    Headphone System: Mac Mini > Schiit Yggdrasil 2 OG > Sparkos Aries / Schiit Mjolnir 2 > Sennheiser HD600

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTo Man View Post
    You may wish to staple a piece of cloth over the rear of the port to contain the rockwool particles that may become airborne as air flows out of the port.
    The thought of all that glass fibre open to the room had crossed my mind, not good.

I hadn’t thought of putting a piece of something over the end of the port.

As these are very much prototypes and won’t around for too long, I hope, I think I’ll stick with it as is for now.

I’ll try blanking the port by 1/3rd then 2/3rds and see how it goes for bass response then perhaps lengthen it.

Sorry I didn’t fit 3 x 100mm circular ports.

I'm Grant.

Just use some grill cloth.. Bass will go right through it ok.. you can fit it on inside so its not seen
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Just use some grill cloth.. Bass will go right through it ok.. you can fit it on inside so its not seen
    ATC used fish net, I changed the mesh used in wedding veils.

I'm John.

Good ideas fellas, thanks. Still messing with port dimensions. All compromises!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Not sure if this link will work....especially for Macca, some Diana Krall.

https://imgur.com/ch6EYbO
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

bass is quite tight
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm frank.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    The thought of all that glass fibre open to the room had crossed my mind, not good.

I hadn’t thought of putting a piece of something over the end of the port.

As these are very much prototypes and won’t around for too long, I hope, I think I’ll stick with it as is for now.

I’ll try blanking the port by 1/3rd then 2/3rds and see how it goes for bass response then perhaps lengthen it.

Sorry I didn’t fit 3 x 100mm circular ports.
    Hairspray is your friend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast