+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blow me down, a hi-fi show in CORNWALL no less

I'm Dominic.

Default Blow me down, a hi-fi show in CORNWALL no less

I never thought I would see the day, but there is going to be a hi-fi show here in Cornwall

Thursday 18th October at the County Showground near Wadebridge open 12.00 noon until 8.00pm.

http://www.cornwallhifishow.com/

Organised by H B H Woolacotts, normally noted for white goods and TVs, so will they be stocking hi-fi from now on I wonder?
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Some decent names there.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    I never thought I would see the day, but there is going to be a hi-fi show here in Cornwall

Thursday 18th October at the County Showground near Wadebridge open 12.00 noon until 8.00pm.

http://www.cornwallhifishow.com/

Organised by H B H Woolacotts, normally noted for white goods and TVs, so will they be stocking hi-fi from now on I wonder?
    According to their web site they already do. https://www.hbh-woolacotts.co.uk/audio/hifi-separates/
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    According to their web site they already do. https://www.hbh-woolacotts.co.uk/audio/hifi-separates/
    Makes my blood run cold to be honest, judging by the experience I had when I bought a TV from them a while back. Still, mustn't knock it as hi-fi dealers are very thin on the ground down here.
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

I'm Martin.

I'm amazed that there are businesses with that model still trading, they all disappeared long ago up here. I suppose that's the south-west for you. Are people still driving around in Austin 1100s and Triumph Toledos?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Amazing, I live about 10 miles away from the showground but I am no longer interested in purchasing "new" hi-fi separates these days, only second hand, so will not be attending.

They are a good independent company with high street shops across Cornwall, so I wish them well with this show.

The Cornish love vintage vehicles btw.
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Dominic.

I'm amazed that there are businesses with that model still trading, they all disappeared long ago up here. I suppose that's the south-west for you. Are people still driving around in Austin 1100s and Triumph Toledos?
    12 litre V8 supercharged tractors are favourite
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

I'm Shane.

Funny you should say that. A bloke in our village has just sold his Triumph Toledo and now drives an M-reg Metro. Mind you, we’re a bit more modern and sophisticated this side of the Tamar.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    A bloke in our village has just sold his Triumph Toledo and now drives an M-reg Metro
    I'd sooner have the Toledo (only 'cos it's easier to work on )

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Mind you, we’re a bit more modern and sophisticated this side of the Tamar.
    Sophisticated? When you don't know how to dress and eat a Scone properly yet?
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201

+ Reply to Thread