Nakamichi Dragon or CR7e

Regrets selling -

ET 2 Tonearm

SME 309 original non magnesium Tonearm

Voyd Valdi + Rata Torlyte Stand.

Oracle Delphi MK4

Marantz CD85

Audio Innvotions Series 1000 mk3 Power Amplifiers
    A man of taste,Love the ET2 dear bruce tigpen superb rather clumsy arm but boy it sounded good what deck did you mount yours on? I used two wisa pumps in parralel with home made surge tanks using beer barrels and the high pressure manifold drove the family crazy, everyone says the aluminum sme 309 was way better like the aluminium 312, I love the nakamichis I kept mine luckily, the oxford crystal was bit hit and miss owned one with a Sme V sounded boring and flat heard it with an early Airtangent sounded great. I remember the Rata stands had one for my Voyd 0.5 reference. The Audio Innovations amps were way ahead of the game back then.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Russell.

As a teenager I bought a very nice ADC turntable, belt drive with a huge S arm, a thing of beauty! I had to sign, not one, but two paychecks over to buy it! I had that ‘table for years.

Zoom forward about 10 years and I had the itch for a new stereo. I sold my whole lot to a friend for $200. I bought a matching Sansui rack system, in the mid 80’s, and what a piece of junk it was! So I went back to my friend and offered him $200 just for the turntable, hoping to at least get that back, but I was too late. He had traded it for a gallon of paint! That was 30 some years ago, and I’m still kicking myself over it.

Russell

I'm Andrew.

No regrets as such. I miss my Sansui 719 integrated, but I'm always on the look out for a 919 to replace it.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    A man of taste,Love the ET2 dear bruce tigpen superb rather clumsy arm but boy it sounded good what deck did you mount yours on? I used two wisa pumps in parralel with home made surge tanks using beer barrels and the high pressure manifold drove the family crazy, everyone says the aluminum sme 309 was way better like the aluminium 312, I love the nakamichis I kept mine luckily, the oxford crystal was bit hit and miss owned one with a Sme V sounded boring and flat heard it with an early Airtangent sounded great. I remember the Rata stands had one for my Voyd 0.5 reference. The Audio Innovations amps were way ahead of the game back then.
    I had the ET2 mounted on my Oracle Delphi on an armboard I designed that solved the slight moving mass issue. It sounded sublime but needs must after I got married I lost my job and needed the money. The guy I sold it to got it on the basis if he ever sold it I had to get first dibs. That didn't happen
    I still have the armboard, but the turntable is now gone as well

The Oxford is an itch I would like to try to scratch as I know someone with one sitting unused and unloved for years, but he won't sell it.

I agree re the SME 309, stunning arm with life about it unlike the dead sounding modern version. The Series 1000 mk3s were stunning and I was a total idiot selling them, but circumstances forced their sale.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I had the ET2 mounted on my Oracle Delphi on an armboard I designed that solved the slight moving mass issue. It sounded sublime but needs must after I got married I lost my job and needed the money. The guy I sold it to got it on the basis if he ever sold it I had to get first dibs. That didn't happen
    I still have the armboard, but the turntable is now gone as well

The Oxford is an itch I would like to try to scratch as I know someone with one sitting unused and unloved for years, but he won't sell it.

I agree re the SME 309, stunning arm with life about it unlike the dead sounding modern version. The Series 1000 mk3s were stunning and I was a total idiot selling them, but circumstances forced their sale.
    I mounted a ET2 on a Alphason sonata and also a Oracle IV I made a homemade arm board using an old lp12 board for the sonata it was a great deck indeed with the ET2 sounded way better the HR100. I loved the sonata ET2 its was so musical thought it worked better than the oracle. I did own an Oracle Premier thingy with an early airtangent mk1 that was just superb.
    The oxford had its problems for sure especially with the rubber mounts I remember playing around with various types of material the best sound for sure was with an airbearing like the ET2 or Airtangents. There was a guy in Ireland who had an oxford crystal airtangent with a Kiseki Lapis and carver amps with some big apogees I think the sound was amazing back then. Think he was a customer of Zeus Audio

The sme 312 aluminium is way better than the 312s in my opinion I still have that and an old 309 in a draw maybe one day you can borrow the 309 to see if it sounds as you remember.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Damian.

I sold my Marantz CD94Mk2 back in 1995 for £50, that is my one single Hi-Fi regret.

I'm Ivo.

I have missed to buy a pair of beautiful Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M speakers.
    Not once but three times Sort of regret it.
    Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Phil.

regret selling a brand new ref 5se !! and a mfa baby ref but there you go . people need houses and you can`t sit there with a 12k amp and have homeless family can you !!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Adam.

I wish I'd kept:

- A mint, boxed EMI EPU-100 arm and both LP and 78rpm pickup heads
    - My Vestax PVT-E2, simply because it was bonkers and I can't find another.
    - GLL Imagio IC258TL loudspeakers
    - My second ADC Accutrac 4000 turntable. I was made an offer I couldn't refuse for it. I've since bought another but the previous one was mint, boxed and with all its accessories and manuals!

I wish I'd bought:

- A Sony PS-8750 for £130
    - The round gimbal SME 3012 with Ortofon SPU at a car boot sale over 30 years ago. I knew what it was, but I was about 14 and my granded and I didn't have enough cash between us. Asking price? £25.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12