+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What bit of gear have you regretted passing on or regret not purchasing

I'm Nari.

Default What bit of gear have you regretted passing on or regret not purchasing

Over the years I have gone through so much gear much I was happy to get rid off some I dearly miss for various reasons not only sound could be I just like the design of something in particular and wish I still had it now also my system has changed so would be interesting. I have also had opportunity to purchase many bits over the years but had to decline mainly due to lack of funds or in some instances got nervous.

What are your regrets?

Hifi I wish I had kept

Goldmund Reference
    Nakamichi zxl 1000 gold edition
    Sugano 80th anniversary koetsu
    Airtangent 10b tonearm
    Rockport Capella
    Rockport series 7000 mk2 tonearm
    Micro Seiki 8000 mk1
    Micro Seiki 500
    Original Audio Note Ongaku
    Voyd Reference special two box power supply
    Brand new Fidelity Research fr66 sealed box
    EAR G88 PREAMP
    EAR G52 it was big and gold fabulous 50 valves very very rare now I had this with 549 power amps and impulse H1 horns great set up back then
    Forsell Reference Turntable
    My first ever Pink Triangle anniversary I loved it with an early graham 1.0
    Apogee scintilla amazing constantly blowing up my krell reference power amps but mind blowing
    Mark Levingson ML2 25watts
    My original audio research sp10 black face I bought brand new from kj west one
    An early keith monks cleaning machine purchased for £20 s/h together with a unused boxed 301 for £15

Hifi I wish I had purchased when had the chance:

Rockport Sirius system II
    Micro Seiki SX1
    Rockport System 111(way out off budget even then)
    Continuum caliburn
    Airtangent reference
    Versa Dynamics Model2.2 turntable

If i can think off others I will add it later
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 22-09-2018 at 21:06.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

There is nothing I regret passing on, and virtually nothing I regret not buying at the time.

I have fond memories of a Revox G36, bought for £25, and there was a Studer C37 reel-to-reel machine I decided not to buy, which I perhaps regret, but then I would have never used it to its full potential.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I've had more hi-fi gear than I could ever remember, but there are only two items I'd like to own again, a Leak Stereo 20 and a pair of Tannoy Eatons.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've had more hi-fi gear than I could ever remember, but there are only two items I'd like to own again, a Leak Stereo 20 and a pair of Tannoy Eatons.
    I did once have an opportunity to buy a Leak Stereo 20 pre and power amp for about £25, but being an impecunious student I couldn't afford it at the time!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

My MF A1000.... fantastic amp, and build quality to die for. ... Maybe should have kept the Nakamichi CA5 too... quite liked it, both as a pre and as a phono stage. Speaker wise, my homemade Telefunkens are perfect for me, so wont change them unless I become a millionaire. Already got a great dac and great cans. so those 2 are it I think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm kev.

The only Hifi equipment I miss terribly are my glorious TAD CR1’s ....I don’t regret selling them because the money was redirected for the greater good.
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Timothy.

Like others, can’t say I regret much either way, but I did pass on an extremely nice pair of Shahinian Hawk speakers and Sanders Magtech amps to drive them with, all at prices I could kind of kick myself then for not doing. But I am really enjoying what I have now and try not to chase things I don’t or cannot have.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Ian.

I regret passing on my Leak 12+ and Leak 20 which where mint and Classique rebuilt with all mullards, Radford MA25 pair, STA 25 and 15. Oh, Leak 25 pair.

I'm Justin.

Nothing. Honestly.

I don't really buy much hi-fi, when it really boils down to it. Cheap stuff comes and goes, but not very rapidly, mainly to play with for a while.

I hoard valves, though.

I'm John.

Quad 33/303, Rogers speakers, driven by an LP12/Rega RB200/VMS 20 is the only system I wish was still with me. But that is 40 years ago now.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast