+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Audio Show 2018 - Leamington Spa

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Hi Simon

David still producing the same old shite then
    That is a tad unfair, the two box Hart Audio's Evo1 speakers, in my opinion, are very good. The year I heard them at the 2010 London HiFi Fidelity Heathrow show that room was producing one of the best sounds at the show.

Visually the Aural Pleasures are horrible looking to my eye, and don't sound as good as the Evo1 did or even the D&W Sonix did. So it could be argued he is going the wrong way re speaker designs.

Regarding what he is doing now I can't comment as I have not heard anything from him in awhile, as I have not been to a UK mainland show in a few years.
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

It's not unfair, it's an opinion.

There's nothing unfair about thinking he's a talentless designer of shit, ugly speakers. It's just an opinion, a viewpoint.

Apparently, it's an opinion that you disagree with, but one that I know is shared by almost everyone whose ears I trust.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm in agreement with Neil. I have head these and they are good, but their performance IMO is very dependant on careful room positioning.

Jason Kennedy thinks they are pretty good as well: http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/har...eaker-hifi-74/, but I wouldn't pay the price asked. They're good but not that good!

However I'm suspicious of the motives of anyone who attempts to produce the 'world's most expensive speaker'.
    Barry

I'm Simon.

They're just not my cup of tea. I like a nice coherent sound from a modest point source. I don't dig on things like the Podium speakers or the MBL's. (Both of which are frankly far better engineered than anything Hart has cobbled together).
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

Anyway there was loads of great stuff there to talk about, let's move on.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Myself & a fellow Wammer drove up from the south coast & I would say it was just about worth the visit. The things that stood out for me were the Kerr Acoustic speakers that were in three rooms I think, particularly the K320 which were on the end of relatively modest vintage gear. The AudioNec system was impressive but totally irrelevant to the average wage earner; Long Dog Audio's room sounded nice, again with Kerr Acoustic speakers, but we noticed there was a lot of sibilance on the records we heard, maybe cart not set up correctly but you would hope they would have checked & double checked to make sure they were sounding as good as possible before the public came in. Also, I felt vocals in many of the rooms were rather recessed, probably down to the rooms, some were too small really, I was looking forward to the Art Audio room but the room they had was so small with speakers tucked up the corners it was nigh on impossible to get a decent sound from it.
    The biggest disappointment though was the Willow Tree Audio room, I really wanted to like the FrontRo electrostatics but they were very disappointing, not heard a sound so bad since, well never actually, they were awful.
    funny how tastes vary , i thought the willow tree room sounded the best [ apart from the 242k jobbies] the horning had real texture and presence
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

funnily enough , another forum has just had this posted too !!

The horning speakers in willow tree room, these were by far and away the best sounding speakers from the show for me too.
    I was blown away by them, it's the only room where I bothered to get a price list.

This room sounded fantastic.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    This is my picture taken in the "disappeared" room. Now do you realise why I didn't post it.

However, the Living Sound pitch was so different to anything I'd seen before at a show, I felt I had to mention it. It was wonderfully eccentric.
    Those 2 speakers in the middle look uncannily like what i own! Any ideas on what they are?
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Simon.

Quads

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    funny how tastes vary , i thought the willow tree room sounded the best [ apart from the 242k jobbies] the horning had real texture and presence
    Are we talking about the same system Phil? When we were in there the was a Gyrodec front end with the small electrostatic speakers & not the Horning, which I didn't hear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast