+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: DIY Stereo Stand

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostEOne View Post
    Thank you Brian, only took 19 coats of varnish, a lot of elbow grease and 3 weeks to get that finish. Now on to the top sides!
    Looks like this rack will last a lifetime and maintain its looks for many many years . Well worth the effort
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mark.

Figured out this morning that by putting bolts in the mounting holes to act as feet, I could turn the shelves over and not have to worry about damaging the finish on the under sides. First coat of finish was just applied to top sides. Long road ahead but we're on the down hill side now. Feel good about this now that I have the experience of doing the under sides.

Yamaha YP800, Clearaudio - Performer V2 Ebony MM - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Pioneer PLX-1000 - Audio Technica VM760SLC - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Marantz 125 - Jolida Fusion DAC Transport w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier - Yamaha NS1000M - Dual SVS SB-2000

I'm Mark.

After 6 weeks wait, my 3-Post Sound Anchor speaker stands have finally shipped. Scheduled to arrive Wed 10/24, was beginning to think I'd have the stereo stand finished before these arrived.

Yamaha YP800, Clearaudio - Performer V2 Ebony MM - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Pioneer PLX-1000 - Audio Technica VM760SLC - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Marantz 125 - Jolida Fusion DAC Transport w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier - Yamaha NS1000M - Dual SVS SB-2000

I'm Mark.

First stand arrived Tue, second stand arrived early Wed morning, have been listening to them for just over 6 hours so far. Pleased indeed!

There's no doubt the Yamahas now sound much tighter on quality stands with spikes. Long way forward from home made wood stands that had a butt load of contact with the floor without spikes.

Bass is so much more prominent, clarity of all frequencies has improved a lot more than I ever expected.

Had some chores top do Wed, put them all off, going to put them off again Thu too. Being single and retired has it's perks!

Been listening to CDs so far, tweaking speaker positions slightly yet. Thu the vinyl comes out.

One word description - Impressed!

I'm Mark.

Merry Christmas everyone! Just finished assembling the stand, it's finally done.
    Well now that was an experience, 60 coats Epifanes Gloss Spar varnish on top sides, sanded w/400 between each coat to get them totally smooth.
    Then 3 coats of Minwax Helmsman Gloss Oil-based Spar Urethane Varnish sanded with 800 between coats. Last coat was sprayed.
    Here's a picture of it sitting in front of stereo. Will take another once it's in place with equipment on it.

I'm Brian.

Merry Christmas Mark . Beautiful work , and something to be proud of indeed
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Nice finish.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Dave.

Just read this through and amazing work and you won't see another made as well as yours, quality of workmanship is to be commended.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm M.

Very nice job

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Merry Christmas Mark . Beautiful work , and something to be proud of indeed
    Thanks Brian, I am indeed proud of it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast