+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Stereo Stand

I'm Ben.

Hey Mark,

Great looking design and seems like you have the practical side of things well & truly covered as well. Gonna look stunning when fully assembled mate. I have to say I have serious garage envy as well!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Hey Mark,

Great looking design and seems like you have the practical side of things well & truly covered as well. Gonna look stunning when fully assembled mate. I have to say I have serious garage envy as well!
    Ben, thanks for the fine compliments! I received a lot of very good advice before starting this project, did some testing to verify their recommendations and my abilities. Thanks to all who contributed, their sharing of knowledge has made this possible. Having a big garage is new to me, my first home of 40 years had a small single stall garage, I'd have had to do this in the very unfinished basement there, limestone gravel floor, lot more humid and very poor lighting.
    Last edited by FrostEOne; 25-09-2018 at 09:28.
    Yamaha YP800, Clearaudio - Performer V2 Ebony MM - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Pioneer PLX-1000 - Audio Technica VM760SLC - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Marantz 125 - Jolida Fusion DAC Transport w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier - Yamaha NS1000M - Dual SVS SB-2000

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostEOne View Post
    Thanks Brian, compliments always appreciated.

Wood skill? Let's just say I understand the process and have the required patience. To be honest, metal working and paint is my SOP.

The garage, here's a pic of my "attached garage from the outside https://i.postimg.cc/X7YnpxNd/DSC00552.jpg

I worked in a HP automotive machine shop out of high school, the Remline toolbox on left in shelve pics came from there, purchased highly used from them for $40 1971.
    Couple Snap-On pieces in those 2 boxes but mostly of old Craftsman tools. Went on to much better paying jobs, but never lost the interest.
    If you look closely, to the left of the toolboxes is the original 4.3L V6 for my 2001 S-10. The current unit under the hood is highly modified.
    Good friend of mine owns a HP Machine shop, he gives me free reign there. 6 years ago I spent 3 weeks vacation time there machining and building a HP motor for the S10. Enjoyed every minute of it!
    You have some nice gear there Mark and access to some fantastic equipment . It's nice to be able to use your acquired skills on a friend's equipment .

The link to your picture isn't working for me . I'll have a look when I get home .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    You have some nice gear there Mark and access to some fantastic equipment . It's nice to be able to use your acquired skills on a friend's equipment .

The link to your picture isn't working for me . I'll have a look when I get home .
    Brian,
    I've known Mike that owns MAS Automotive since grade school, our fathers were friends. We've done a a lot of things together over the years, a truly great friend.
    Here's a better garage pic, garage door is open, wasn't in first pic. Photobucket this time, other friends in GB have issues with i.posting.cc from their work networks too.

Last edited by FrostEOne; 25-09-2018 at 14:19.
    Yamaha YP800, Clearaudio - Performer V2 Ebony MM - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Pioneer PLX-1000 - Audio Technica VM760SLC - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Marantz 125 - Jolida Fusion DAC Transport w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier - Yamaha NS1000M - Dual SVS SB-2000

Yatsushiro Guest

Who is A T Ruck?

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Who is A T Ruck?
    Paul, try "A Truck" state doesn't allow us to use a space in personalized plates because they reserve it's use for their Std plates, which appear like this "XXX XXX"

I'm Brian.

Wish you hadn't shown me that Mark , now I'm even more envious

Plenty of room , good lighting , and loads of tool storage and benches . Been a dream of mine for years . Big double garages like yours are few and far between in Scotland . They're mostly pokey little things which you can barely get a car into

I don't use my garage for my car , there's tools hanging up and a couple of folding work benches . Still small though

Does yours have an electric door ?
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Mark.

Wish you hadn't shown me that Mark , now I'm even more envious

Plenty of room , good lighting , and loads of tool storage and benches . Been a dream of mine for years . Big double garages like yours are few and far between in Scotland . They're mostly pokey little things which you can barely get a car into

I don't use my garage for my car , there's tools hanging up and a couple of folding work benches . Still small though

Does yours have an electric door ?

Yes it has an electric garage door opener, they're quite handy in adverse weather conditions. Since the garage is under the house, it also has heat and air conditioning. Definitely my dream garage come true.

I'm Brian.

Electric door and heating I would live in there

Seriously , I would probably spend a bit of time in there . I was a Diesel mechanic many years ago and we repaired parts rather than replaced them . Sometimes parts had to be manufactured and some engineering was involved . Just needed the right machinery .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Mark.

Electric door and heating I would live in there

Seriously , I would probably spend a bit of time in there . I was a Diesel mechanic many years ago and we repaired parts rather than replaced them . Sometimes parts had to be manufactured and some engineering was involved . Just needed the right machinery .
    I do spend quite a bit of time in the garage when it gets below freezing outside, that's when the truck gets a lot of attention, planning to setup my solid state stereo in garage. As you can see in the garage pic, it's in pretty good shape for an '01. I give it a lot of attention, hoping it lasts another 20 years or better. Can't get a S10 here anymore, 2004 was the last year they were sold in US.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast