+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Innuos ZEN Music Server

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Bought a mini zen with 1tb....putting tunes on it as i type.

lets see if i can get music out of it!!!
    Impetuous bugger, it would have taken me weeks to make that sort of decision

I'm Grant.

700 quid. I'll stick to me lappy lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

Gave it a quick listen last night....very noticeable improvement in sound quality.

I switched from a dell lap top to a cheap ACER-it was much quieter than the dell.

The Zen is a noticeable improvement.

Gary had been saying to me for years ...solid state/fanless ya de ya de ya-im just not a computer guy.

I ordered a amazon tablet for 50 smackeroonies to go with it.

My sons pal got it playing last night but im now in the process of putting my library on it-had to get help reformatting and setting up.

Once up and running will post up a wee review.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup, a mix between jriver and roon, probably roon. it unfolds mqa and hosts tidal or qobox as well as your own music. windows version is new and not perfect yet but getting there ... mac version has been going for long time.
    Downloaded the Mac version listing to iTunes through it now on my MacBook Pro and then bluetoothed to a Bose Mini Link Soundlink speaker, sounds okay nothing special, does sound analogue though. Just an internet stream at the moment.

I'll hook up the MacBook to the Beresford dac and my amp to see how that sounds.

That Bose speaker is excellent btw, don't know how they do it but the sound from it is very very good.

I'm Geoff.

There's a new Zen coming out next month!

Looks interesting.

Geoff

I'm Timothy.

Yes, Series 3 stuff. I was told some improvements on software side too, and some backwards compatible upgrades as well. We shall see how all that pans out, I have been totally pleased with my Zen Mk2.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Yes, Series 3 stuff. I was told some improvements on software side too, and some backwards compatible upgrades as well. We shall see how all that pans out, I have been totally pleased with my Zen Mk2.

Also, HDD up to 8tb and Linear Power Supplies.

Geoff

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Any members have experience with one of these?

My cheap lap top is the weak link in my chain...looking for a plug and play solution-reckon this might fit the bill!!!
    No but I went with the novafidelity x40, pre amp, Dac, cd ripper,server, internet radio,streamer, upnp on me tablet Bobby dazzler I'd go back to cds though, when space allows
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Tony.

Hi guys, apologies for resurrecting this thread but I bought a Zen MK.1 and ripped all of my CDs to it then hardly used the Zen just occasionally to listen to some CDs and songs streamed via Ipeng on my IPhone to my amp but I've now sold the Zen however I bought an external USB WD 1TB HDD and copied all of my music to that before sending the Zen to its new owner.

Anyway I'm wondering how I can play the files, well I can play them one at a time on my MacBook Pro using the apple music player and then air playing the music to my amp but that's a bit limiting so does anyone know of any software player that will access the entire library on the USB HDD and then let me play entire albums or playlists via my MacBook Pro then streamed to my amp?

Thanks

Tony

I'm Lawrence.

I use LMS and Squeezbox which is the same as on the Zen I think so you should have the same functionality. Mind you that's a Linux based system so I'm not sure if you can install on a Mac, I've never had one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast