+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Innuos ZEN Music Server

I'm Jonathan.

Apologies for the delayed reply. Glad your import worked OK. I use a NAS which also works fine over wireless but have used an external drive in the past.

In the Audio view on the left hand pane you have the option to view by Albums, Artists, Files etc. Albums lists them all in alpha order of album title but if you choose Artists you can click on artist, click on album and double click the first track shown in the lower pane. The album will play through. In Album view, double click the album and then the first track. In Files view you can sort by album and double click the first track of an album and it will keep playing through to the bottom of the list!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by bosa View Post
    Apologies for the delayed reply. Glad your import worked OK. I use a NAS which also works fine over wireless but have used an external drive in the past.

In the Audio view on the left hand pane you have the option to view by Albums, Artists, Files etc. Albums lists them all in alpha order of album title but if you choose Artists you can click on artist, click on album and double click the first track shown in the lower pane. The album will play through. In Album view, double click the album and then the first track. In Files view you can sort by album and double click the first track of an album and it will keep playing through to the bottom of the list!
    Thanks Jonathan, that's really helpful.

I managed to follow your instructions and it works fine but I can't send the music from my MBP to my amp now via airplay but as I said previously I think that is down to the MBP cause I've had the same problem in the past with Apple TV & Airplay.

I'll play about with Jriver and the MacBook Pro but I might try out the windows version using the HP laptop.

Tony

I'm Jonathan.

Hi Tony,

I use USB to my DAC from my MBP so tried using Airplay to an amp which has it. Not playing even after reboot etc and selecting the amp so feel your frustration.

I do use Airplay from an IOS device from the Remote app to an Apple TV so this route works but is not ideal if you just want to use a MBP.

I'm Jonathan.

My son is more techie than me and he has shown me an app called Airfoil. This needs a license after the trial at $35 but enabled my Mac to work with my Airplay amp. Seems a good piece of software that I will continue to use.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I'm Tony.

My son is more techie than me and he has shown me an app called Airfoil. This needs a license after the trial at $35 but enabled my Mac to work with my Airplay amp. Seems a good piece of software that I will continue to use.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Thanks again Jonathan.

I've just downloaded Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite and it works brilliantly, you can install the satellite app on your iPhone and stream from Jriver MC via the MBP to the iPhone or from the iPhone to the MBP or any bluetooth device, speakers, amp etc.

Kind regards

Tony

I'm Tony.

Hi guys, I seem to have run into a bit of a problem with Jriver playback, it was working fine this morning then I started getting this screen message below, I've looked at the playback options but can't see anything obvious and I haven't changed anything anyway.

I'm still on the trial version of Jriver and Airfoil.

I'm outputting from my MacBook Pro to a bluetooth speaker and this works fine if I select a flac file somewhere on my hard drive or from an external drive containing all of my music files from my Innous Zen back up and as I say everything was working fine this morning.

Thanks

Tony

I'm Jonathan.

The only thing I can think of immediately is a comms issue between Mac and Innuos. Since I use USB I can’t be sure but have seen it myself and I need to restart my DAC.

I'm Tony.

The only thing I can think of immediately is a comms issue between Mac and Innuos. Since I use USB I can’t be sure but have seen it myself and I need to restart my DAC.
    Hi Jonathan, no Innuos that's been sold I just have a HDD back up of the files that were on the Innous and those were playing fine this morning on the MacBook via Airfoil to a Bose Soundlink Mini speaker.

I'm currently outputting FIP internet radio station to the Bose Speaker bluetoothed via the MacBook Pro but not with airfoil as that's on the trial version which outputs white noise after ten minutes.

Thanks

Tony

I'll try a restart of the MacBook Pro and see if that helps.

I'm Tony.

Hi guys I've sorted the problem which seemed to be some sort of conflict with the Bose bluetooth speaker I'm listing via the Bose speaker to an internet jazz radio on my MacBook pro right now from iTunes however if I try to listen to a flac file in Jriver the file plays fine through the MacBook pro's internal speakers but Jriver won't output to the Bose speaker despite me selecting it as an output device on the MacBook pro.

However earlier on this morning I was able to do that using Airfoil.

Weird.

Another thing is when I close Jriver I have to reinstall it if I want to open it again.

Thanks

Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456