+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Innuos ZEN Music Server

I'm tony.

Default Innuos ZEN Music Server

Any members have experience with one of these?

My cheap lap top is the weak link in my chain...looking for a plug and play solution-reckon this might fit the bill!!!

I'm James.

I have Tony, listened to all the Innuos servers and have used the Zen mini myself, the Zen is even better. Superb user interface once hooked up online and I use it with Ipeng software on my iPad. Very easy to use and does not F?£& about with your music like ROON!

As you are probably aware the Zen is a NAS and Cd ripper but also facilitates some internet services, check out their website. The product interface is intuitive and easy to install with Innuos database online running it.

The jump from a laptop to the the Zen server is massive, it will be the biggest upgrade you will make in your digital system, far greater than upgrading your DAC in my book.

If I was to do digital this would be the way I would go. Bolt on a top DAC and you will have a system that competes with vinyl.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have Tony, listened to all the Innuos servers and have used the Zen mini myself, the Zen is even better. Superb user interface once hooked up online and I use it with Ipeng software on my iPad. Very easy to use and does not F?£& about with your music like ROON!

As you are probably aware the Zen is a NAS and Cd ripper but also facilitates some internet services, check out their website. The product interface is intuitive and easy to install with Innuos database online running it.

The jump from a laptop to the the Zen server is massive, it will be the biggest upgrade you will make in your digital system, far greater than upgrading your DAC in my book.

If I was to do digital this would be the way I would go. Bolt on a top DAC and you will have a system that competes with vinyl.
    Spot on JAMES....reckon thats my path

I'm Gary.

Agreeed.
    Go for the Zen.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Timothy.

I will double and triple those agreements, best thing I have done for myself on the digital side of things. As Jimbo mentioned, the Zen Mk2 coupled with great DAC and you are good to go, wonderful music player!

I will add too, in fast ripping mode, the drive can be slightly noisy and a bit of vibration to it, not objectionable mind, and not an audio disturbance thing either. I have been playing with what my Zen sits on, experimenting with my BASE isolation platform, and recently a trio of Isoacoustics Orea Indigo isolation footers. Normally I do not go overboard with a lot of tweaky stuff or foo, but these are proving to be an interesting add in a good way, both to the vibration/noise, but I think maybe it transfers a bit over to a cleaner sonic presentation. Still playing, more to come on that...
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm tony.

Many thanks gents, looks like im going down this path!!!

I'm Kevin.

They seem like a lot of mo et for a low power PC.
    I guess the cost is in the power supply?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm tony.

They aint cheap but you do tend to pay for what you get.

They have really done theyre home work to make the thing as quiet and user friendly as possible,,,when compared to a mac its pretty good IMHO

I'm Kevin.

I have no experience of them, but when I look at the rough spec they give, it makes me wonder where the money goes.
    The case won’t be cheap, and big linear power supplies for PCs are expensive, but I doubt it is a custom motherboard.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm tony.

Im wondering if the zen mini with a 1tb would fit the bill for me.

I could run it off a linear supply or battery....any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast