+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Innuos ZEN Music Server

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I use LMS and Squeezbox which is the same as on the Zen I think so you should have the same functionality. Mind you that's a Linux based system so I'm not sure if you can install on a Mac, I've never had one.
    Thanks Lawrence, I've also a fairly new touchscreen HP laptop running win 10.

I've had a look at some 'free' media players, downloaded one (Elmedia video player) which works but you need to pay for the pro version in order to be able to Airplay to the amp but the MacBook Pro seems to have issues Airplaying which I've experienced previously.

I'm Grant.

jriver will do it, without costing a bomb. roon too but dearer
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    jriver will do it, without costing a bomb. roon too but dearer
    Thanks Grant.

Just downloaded the jriver trial, sounds excellent, I'm listening to Swiss Radio Jazz at the moment air-played to my amp.
    Last edited by twotone; 07-04-2020 at 17:25.

I'm Jonathan.

JRiver on Mac works really well and is constantly upgraded, minor tweaks free but full version at cost. For an extra tenner the remote software for IOS is handy.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by bosa View Post
    JRiver on Mac works really well and is constantly upgraded, minor tweaks free but full version at cost. For an extra tenner the remote software for IOS is handy.
    Thanks Jonathan, I'm struggling a bit with trying to load the music from the external USB HDD to JRiver on the MBP.

I'm presuming that I have to copy the folders from the USB HDD to the Macintosh drive then to Jriver?

Tony

I'm Grant.

No just start a library and give location as the hdd and holding folder if there is one. Ie.. F/music.. Jriver will scan the folder for all albums etc and sort th with tags etc for art etc.
    It will run in background. Results of which should show at bottom somewhere. On left with windows
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/ROON - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Tony.

Hi Grant, I have the USB HDD on the desktop and these below are the folder structure in that drive which is:

Back Up>Music>CD-Quailty (this is where all of the CD album folders are)

I'm Grant.

Use jriver to find stuff. At top the first section when clicked to a drop down should have a library tab. The click on new library, the give the address of the drive.

The program should do rest.
    Apple pc might be slightly different as I've not tried one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Use jriver to find stuff. At top the first section when clicked to a drop down should have a library tab. The click on new library, the give the address of the drive.

The program should do rest.
    Apple pc might be slightly different as I've not tried one
    Thanks Grant, I've managed to import all of my music files into Jriver however I'm not sure how to play an album, say for example Hunky Dory, rather than just a single track?

i can shuffle play a load of tracks no problem or indeed the entire library but if I want to play just and album (like sticking a CD into s CD player) from start to finish how do you do that?

I'm Grant.

Should come up with rows of album covers.(there is a slider to change size) You click on the one you want and press play.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast