+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Innuos ZEN Music Server

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I use LMS and Squeezbox which is the same as on the Zen I think so you should have the same functionality. Mind you that's a Linux based system so I'm not sure if you can install on a Mac, I've never had one.
    Thanks Lawrence, I've also a fairly new touchscreen HP laptop running win 10.

I've had a look at some 'free' media players, downloaded one (Elmedia video player) which works but you need to pay for the pro version in order to be able to Airplay to the amp but the MacBook Pro seems to have issues Airplaying which I've experienced previously.

I'm Grant.

jriver will do it, without costing a bomb. roon too but dearer
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    jriver will do it, without costing a bomb. roon too but dearer
    Thanks Grant.

Just downloaded the jriver trial, sounds excellent, I'm listening to Swiss Radio Jazz at the moment air-played to my amp.
    Last edited by twotone; 07-04-2020 at 17:25.

I'm Jonathan.

JRiver on Mac works really well and is constantly upgraded, minor tweaks free but full version at cost. For an extra tenner the remote software for IOS is handy.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by bosa View Post
    JRiver on Mac works really well and is constantly upgraded, minor tweaks free but full version at cost. For an extra tenner the remote software for IOS is handy.
    Thanks Jonathan, I'm struggling a bit with trying to load the music from the external USB HDD to JRiver on the MBP.

I'm presuming that I have to copy the folders from the USB HDD to the Macintosh drive then to Jriver?

Tony

I'm Grant.

No just start a library and give location as the hdd and holding folder if there is one. Ie.. F/music.. Jriver will scan the folder for all albums etc and sort th with tags etc for art etc.
    It will run in background. Results of which should show at bottom somewhere. On left with windows
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Hi Grant, I have the USB HDD on the desktop and these below are the folder structure in that drive which is:

Back Up>Music>CD-Quailty (this is where all of the CD album folders are)

I'm Grant.

Use jriver to find stuff. At top the first section when clicked to a drop down should have a library tab. The click on new library, the give the address of the drive.

The program should do rest.
    Apple pc might be slightly different as I've not tried one
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Use jriver to find stuff. At top the first section when clicked to a drop down should have a library tab. The click on new library, the give the address of the drive.

The program should do rest.
    Apple pc might be slightly different as I've not tried one
    Thanks Grant, I've managed to import all of my music files into Jriver however I'm not sure how to play an album, say for example Hunky Dory, rather than just a single track?

i can shuffle play a load of tracks no problem or indeed the entire library but if I want to play just and album (like sticking a CD into s CD player) from start to finish how do you do that?

I'm Grant.

Should come up with rows of album covers.(there is a slider to change size) You click on the one you want and press play.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast