+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moode player Wifi

I'm Josie.

Default Moode player Wifi

Hi all.

Today I finally got round to install Moode on my Katana dac.

I have always used an Ethernet cable but I've decided to use the on-board WIFI on the Pi3 B+

The thing is, the instructions to enable the WIFI on the moode docs seem to be rather vague to me.

Can anyone give me a walk through?

I currently have it working via Ethernet but just can't figure out the procedure to switch over to WIFI.

Many thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Bill.

I can't remember exactly how to do this, but I do know you need to follow the instructions in the set up guide to the letter otherwise it won't work.
    You can get the set up guide from the Moode website.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Barry.

Configuration, Network

Set address to DHCP, press SSID scan button, select your network, set Security and enter your WiFi password, set country UK.

Save settings, Pull out your Ethernet cable, reboot pi and you should be up and running.
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 20-04-2020 at 11:06.

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Configuration, Network

Set address to DHCP, press SSID scan button, select your network, set Security and enter your WiFi password, set country UK.

Save settings, Pull out your Ethernet cable, reboot pi and you should be up and running.
    smashing.. Thanks, Barry.

I did most of that correctly but it just didn't work out.

All up and running now.

So, now I'm using Moode are there any options sound wise which are preferable. It's quite different to Volumio in some settings etc.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I can't remember exactly how to do this, but I do know you need to follow the instructions in the set up guide to the letter otherwise it won't work.
    You can get the set up guide from the Moode website.
    It does, but it has different step descriptions to what's on my version of moode. I've not used moode in years so I'm not familiar with the legacy settings.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Barry.

I find the default settings work best for me plus the following tweaks.

https://github.com/dynobot/Linux-Audio-Adjustments

Don't forget the Moode forum

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/index.php

+ Reply to Thread