+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J River Hacked.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Ever tried getting some money back off the HMRC using the Government Gateway? It makes underground vaults and dragons seem like the painless option. If you want to know what the follow up to Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" might have been, try claiming a £22.58 tax refund back using the 'quick and easy' option of the Government Gateway. A truly representative example of a bad IT Project from every perspective.
    The government Gateway portal doesn't work for anything I've tried. I couldn't use it to claim my state pension: the software just looped around back to the home page - so I phoned up the DWP first thing in the morning in order to speak to a human being to sort it all out.

Regarding overpayment of tax - every year I pay too much tax, and each year I get a letter from HMRC giving me a refund.
    Barry

I'm Peter.

I did not trust it to be genuine.

There wasn't a thing about this to be read on their main home page. But I logged in on their website (not via the link) and changed the password anyway. But how on earth am I to check whether or not this is a genuine email if there is no mention of the security breach on the JRiver webpage? I need to have things like these verified before I follow any links to where I know not.

OK. found it in the forum - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...msg810255.html

The passwords were probably protected well enough, they write.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosewind View Post
    I did not trust it to be genuine.

There wasn't a thing about this to be read on their main home page. But I logged in on their website (not via the link) and changed the password anyway. But how on earth am I to check whether or not this is a genuine email if there is no mention of the security breach on the JRiver webpage? I need to have things like these verified before I follow any links to where I know not.

OK. found it in the forum - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/ind...msg810255.html

The passwords were probably protected well enough, they write.
    I received a personalised email from them setting out what had happened. I have also changed my password.

There is a link at the top of the home page, headed IMPORTANT SERVER INFORMATION:
    Last edited by superbike999; 22-09-2018 at 21:29.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12