+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J River Hacked.

I'm Neil.

Default J River Hacked.

So I got this email message from JRiver today.

'Good Day,
    I'm sorry to report that JRiver's servers were recently attacked and partially compromised. No credit card information was lost (we don't save any), but e-mail addresses probably were, and possibly passwords, although these were heavily encrypted. You should change your password for the forum here: Profile > Account Settings License passwords can be changed if you purchase in the future -- they are only used for changing your e-mail address. You can read more on Interact.

We have spent the last few weeks recovering from this catastrophic event. If you have experienced problems with Media Network, cover art lookup, CD ripping, or other functions that use our servers, this break-in is probably the reason. All problems are fixed now.

We're also sorry if you experienced a failure when you tried to purchase a new license or upgrade an old one. If you're willing to try again, here is a coupon that will save you $10 on a new or upgrade license during September: MEACULPA ($10 Coupon). Enter the coupon during purchase and confirm that the price is correct.

We offer our sincere apologies. It was our fault, and we're embarrassed about it. You can be sure that we are much better prepared to defend our servers now.

That's the bad news.
    '

Not good.
    Regards Neil

I'm Lawrence.

They should have notified users straight away not waited so long.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Is it a genuine notification? Any link provided for changing passwords etc should be regarded with suspicion. Most companies ask you to visit their site to do this.

I'm Grant.

its genuine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its genuine
    +1
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Paul.

These days it seems to be more of a question as to when something will be hacked, rather than if. Hopefully there will remain some things that are stored the old way - in a vault deep underground guarded by men with big sticks and dragons. That way if people want to take something they have to go there and not just do it from their chair halfway around the world.
    ~Paul~

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Is it a genuine notification? Any link provided for changing passwords etc should be regarded with suspicion. Most companies ask you to visit their site to do this.
    I am pretty sure its legit, but I never click on links in emails anyway, and I agree the hack info should have come out much sooner.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    These days it seems to be more of a question as to when something will be hacked, rather than if. Hopefully there will remain some things that are stored the old way - in a vault deep underground guarded by men with big sticks and dragons. That way if people want to take something they have to go there and not just do it from their chair halfway around the world.
    Agreed.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

it is genuine. im a forum member.. i changed my password
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Ever tried getting some money back off the HMRC using the Government Gateway? It makes underground vaults and dragons seem like the painless option. If you want to know what the follow up to Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" might have been, try claiming a £22.58 tax refund back using the 'quick and easy' option of the Government Gateway. A truly representative example of a bad IT Project from every perspective.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast