+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HF Hearing Loss

I'm Grant.

I struggle beyond 14k but feel I'm getting pretty much all there is. Is what I'm missing doesn't seem to be in anyway obvious.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

What's the red to yellow differential on the chart? Does the red denote fundamentals and the yellow show harmonic output? Acoustic instruments can produce loads of harmonics.

I'm Geoff.

I recently posted this. https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...oke-Headphones

Seems that even if they are not "audiophile" then they may still have a niche in giving those with hearing loss a chance of improving SQ by boosting the higher frequencies.

Geoff

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I doubt the Tannoys will give anything above about 20Khz myself. So it doesn't really matter what's outside the audible band, it isn't coming out of the speakers.
    Maybe that's why the kids couldn't hear anything above about 17.5 KHz, limited by the tweeter...or it may be due to me shouting.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what I'm missing doesn't seem to be in anyway obvious.
    Obviously

Cos you can't 'ear it!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Maybe that's why the kids couldn't hear anything above about 17.5 KHz, limited by the tweeter...or it may be due to me shouting.

You can download plenty of frequency tests. It is best to test your hearing using headphones as these often have a more extended frequency range than speakers.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Obviously

Cos you can't 'ear it!
    Yeah but I'm going on having heard the music many times when young too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yeah but I'm going on having heard the music many times when young too
    Only pulling your leg Grant

That's how I feel, don't think I'm missing anything, cymbal decay or something maybe but not "oh where did the mandolin go on that track".

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    You can download plenty of frequency tests. It is best to test your hearing using headphones as these often have a more extended frequency range than speakers.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff, must try that out.

I'm Geoff.

It is interesting to rotate your head left-right when listening to a tone generator to try and detect differences between each ear and also (perhaps?) the interactions between stereo speakers.

I am guessing that it is more accurate to do these tests with a single speaker. http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

I can hear a tone at around 17Khz (albeit at a lower level) but I can detect a tone close to 20Khz when I move my head left to right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast