+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HF Hearing Loss

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    You can download plenty of frequency tests. It is best to test your hearing using headphones as these often have a more extended frequency range than speakers.

Geoff
    There are test CD's available that are damn useful (assuming you have a player). I have one, it's handy for checking speakers etc. It can also show you how your hearing is.

There's one here on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Equ...IAAOSwU3taguX7

It has every type of test you are likely to need.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Maybe that's why the kids couldn't hear anything above about 17.5 KHz, limited by the tweeter...or it may be due to me shouting.
    That's quite likely the limit of the speaker, Tannoys don't really go that high in the top end.

But don't stop shouting at them. Children today don't get shouted at anything like enough.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

It is interesting to rotate your head left-right when listening to a tone generator to try and detect differences between each ear and also (perhaps?) the interactions between stereo speakers.

I am guessing that it is more accurate to do these tests with a single speaker. http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

I can hear a tone at around 17Khz (albeit at a lower level) but I can detect a tone close to 20Khz when I move my head left to right.
    That's a very handy site 12,900 Hz is my limit on that, my teenage son max'd out at 18KHz.

I'm Geoff.

That's a very handy site 12,900 Hz is my limit on that, my teenage son max'd out at 18KHz.
    Try a couple of higher frequencies and move your head left-right as I mentioned. Anything?

I'm John.

Try a couple of higher frequencies and move your head left-right as I mentioned. Anything?
    Nope, just the wind whistling in one ear and out the other.

Nothing in between to stop it.

I'm Geoff.

Nope, just the wind whistling in one ear and out the other.

Nothing in between to stop it.
    Must be one of my fillings then!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The unfortunate 'effects' on hearing attributed to the flu jab may be coincidental and not due to the vaccination. Possibly just caused by something else.
    Not in my case. I succumbed to my sister's insistence to have one and wished I hadn't. This was 3 1/2 years ago, and I haven't had flu since either. Flu jab together with pneumonia jab mid Saturday morning. Within two hours I was losing my balance and shortly after realised I couldn't hear much from my right ear. Consultants at hospital and my doctor were totally nonplussed but when my wife Googled it, she found a number of similar incidents. It did improve over the next 6 months or so, but was certainly 40% down at all my tests. Down on what, though, I've no idea ! Maybe it was the pneumonia element? Who knows?

I'm Grant.

Get the flu jab every year. Unless I forget or have succumbed early. Never had any side effects.
    Getting mine next month
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Getting mine next month
    Me too. Booked it yesterday.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Not in my case. I succumbed to my sister's insistence to have one and wished I hadn't. This was 3 1/2 years ago, and I haven't had flu since either. Flu jab together with pneumonia jab mid Saturday morning. Within two hours I was losing my balance and shortly after realised I couldn't hear much from my right ear. Consultants at hospital and my doctor were totally nonplussed but when my wife Googled it, she found a number of similar incidents. It did improve over the next 6 months or so, but was certainly 40% down at all my tests. Down on what, though, I've no idea ! Maybe it was the pneumonia element? Who knows?
    Sorry to hear about your hearing loss, but it is not uncommon for many medical procedures to have harmful effects. I contracted severe malaria whilst working in Malawi. I ended up in hospital four times and was put on an intravenous quinine drip. I eventually responded to treatment but it was a pretty toxic treatment. It affected my vision which showed up in an eyesight test a year after I was infected. Two years on, another eye test showed my eyesight to have improved significantly over the previous test. Probably back to pre-malaria levels. In any event, I don't need glasses yet, even for driving.

I hope that your hearing loss proves to be temporary and reversible.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast