+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IC: Luxman/Luxkit Avance Z504 Amplifier

Bigman80 Guest

Default IC: Luxman/Luxkit Avance Z504 Amplifier

Maybe for Sale is this Luxman designed amplifier. Constructed by Avance in Belgium, very few made it to the UK according to the information I have managed to find online. This is a very rare amplifier.

This is a 200wpc Class A/B amplifier but with a swap of the wires inside it can be switched to 60wpc Class A. These are the ratings gleaned from the manual.

The Mains Transformers has the capability to be swapped between multiple voltages too. I believe this one is currently set at 230v so I've left it as is. It can be swapped to 240v.

I've had the amplifier for around a week and it's been stunning. Crystal clear sonics and a massive soundstage. It's been a real pleasure to try this and usually, it wouldn't be going. I have a Krell though and I have been really taken by it so it's probably best that this goes to a loving home.

It's not mint, it has scratches and a tiny bump on the lid but for an amplifier of this vintage, it's not bad at all. It arrive here with a bit of damage but I've repaired it and as you can see, it's good as new.

I've tried to picture everything so have a good look.

As i write this, I am very aware of my heartbeat. It's rising quickly and I'm starting to think this might not be what i want to do. I may change my mind and make no apologies if I do so.

Johnjo has first refusal so I will await his message before confirming it's availability.

Price is going to be

£485 delivered
    £460 collected.

I'd be taking a small hit on this as it's a fairly unknown quantity but there are plenty of folks out there who are after one.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

I'll take it Oliver, thanks.

PM on its way shortly.

Bigman80 Guest

Replied

Sold and paid for!!!

Many thanks John.

Last edited by Bigman80; 19-09-2018 at 21:39.

I'm phil.

Quick sale, heard one of these a few years ago and it was very good, wanted to take a peek inside but wasn't allowed so it was nice to see inside cheers
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Quick sale, heard one of these a few years ago and it was very good, wanted to take a peek inside but wasn't allowed so it was nice to see inside cheers
    You're welcome!!

Cracking amplifier. I'm very grateful to have had it here.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Did you try it in class A Oli?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Did you try it in class A Oli?
    No mate. The luxury of having all of these amps here has come to an end so I needed to move some stuff on.

It's a shame I didn't get the chance to be honest.

Johnjo will have to do it and let us know how he gets on.

+ Reply to Thread