Afternoon all,

I'm currently about midway through a box set of Mad Men (getting towards the end of season 3 at present) and thought id jot a few lines in the hope that it spurs people on to give it a try. I really didn't think it would be my sort of thing but its absolutely brilliant, superb storytelling.

The series is a period drama set in 1960s New York, and revolves around alpha male Don Draper and his struggles to stay on top of the heap in the high-pressure world of Madison Avenue advertising firms. Aside from being one of the top ad men in the business, Don is also a family man, the father of young children. But he also has a very murky past and is generally just about morally bankrupt!

It also covers a large cast of other (mostly fabulous) characters within the agency of Sterling Cooper (later to be Sterling, Cooper Draper & Price) as well as the changing social situations through the 60s into the early 70s.

I actually originally started watching it from somewhere around season 3 a couple of years ago (my OH was watching it and I also got caught up in it) through to its final season which from memory has an absolutely stunning final episode. But then a month or so back I decided that I wanted to see it from the very beginning as a friend was talking about it and so here I am again totally immersed in it and watching a episode or 2 each evening.

Its easily findable on Netflix as well as other platforms I think.

Anyway give it a try, you might like it.