+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Rega RP8 turntable and Apheta MC cartridge

I'm Paul.

Default FS: Rega RP8 turntable and Apheta MC cartridge

For sale is my Rega RP8 turntable with RB808 tonearm and Apheta cartridge. Bought secondhand from Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield in March 2017. Comes with separate power supply unit and AC adaptor. Boxed with packing materials and manual and in excellent condition. Just a few light very light scratches on the plinth that cannot be seen during use, none at all on the PSU.

Paul from Moorgate checked the Apheta's stylus under a microscope and said there was no discernible wear. Since then it has had very light use, probably no more than about 40-50 sides of albums, so it should have many hundreds of hours left before it needs replacing.

For those who aren't aware, the RP8 is a revolutionary iteration of Rega's design philosophy comprising two sections, an inner ultra-lightweight skeletal chassis and an outer rectangular surround with a hinged dust cover. The platter is glass and comes in three sections with a felt mat sitting on top. The skeletal plinth design was later incorporated into the top of the range RP10 turntable.

The RP8/Apheta received rave reviews. Jason Kennedy in Hi-Fi+ said: "With the caveat that ultimate performance can only be achieved with decent AC, the Rega RP8 is the best sounding, sensibly priced turntable and arm I’ve ever heard." What Hi-Fi said: "This is a hugely accomplished package that lifts a massive amount of information off the groove and organises it in a musically engaging way. It’s the kind of record player that keeps us listening, just wanting to see how good it makes the next record sound."

Asking price is £1300. Collection from West Yorkshire, near Huddersfield, preferred (or I can possibly deliver within a reasonable distance for petrol costs) but can be sent double boxed. This will obviously be expensive due to insuring a delicate piece of equipment. A ball park figure would be around £50.

Please send a private message or email paul_g@riseup.net if interested. Thank you.

http://www.rega.co.uk/rp8.html

I'm Paul.

Bump

I'm Paul.

Bump

I'm Paul.

Now sold.

+ Reply to Thread