+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED Stand mount speakers

I'm Steve.

Default WANTED Stand mount speakers

As above, preferably seald enclosure to be used with the system in my signature below
    Max spend,,,, a grand.

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Dave.

Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Steve.

Hi Dave
    Thanks for the offer, i already have a pair of eb acoustics
    Will be selling very soon

Stebe
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Richard.

Default Roksan Darius (originals) Series 2

Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard or Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Please note that they are about 86dB and take a load of current, so SS amps need to have lots of grunt. They synergise beautifully with big valve amps.
    Last edited by Kneesup; 17-09-2018 at 22:45.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneesup View Post
    Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard of Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Please note that they are about 86dB and take a load of current, so SS amps need to have lots of grunt. They synergise beautifully with big valve amps.
    Crazy !! absolutely crazy !!!!..don't know what you're thinking about...I'd never part with these....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Crazy !! absolutely crazy !!!!..don't know what you're thinking about...I'd never part with these....
    Aha! So speaks The Prince of Darius himself. It’s a small club ours, Alan. I wish you lived closer and you could hear them with the big valve monos, although I know yours thrive on Class D. I don’t know what I’m thinking or doing but I have one sitting room and two Hi Fis. Which is a worry. Maybe it’s a silly idea.

I'm Ian.

I will need to check with my brother but he might want to sell his Harbeth HL P3, MK1 in walnut
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneesup View Post
    Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard or Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Pm sent
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Dan.

Richard, u have got issues mate!!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    Richard, u have got issues mate!!
    You are not wrong, Dan. I got a bit obsessed. And remain so. Besides, if I didn't have issues I'd never have bought your Bybee RCA converters...!

Steve, PM replied to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast