+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega P6 getting hum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Scott.

Hi, I own the Rega RP6 with the exact Cartridge. I’ve had hum before but that was down to the valve phono I was using at the time. Never experienced any hum when arm is nearing centre.
    I’ve always found the exact a good little MM cart but am now ready to move on to MC.
    Hope you find the problem very annoying these things to locate and sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by vegman1973 View Post
    Hi, I own the Rega RP6 with the exact Cartridge. I’ve had hum before but that was down to the valve phono I was using at the time. Never experienced any hum when arm is nearing centre.
    I’ve always found the exact a good little MM cart but am now ready to move on to MC.
    Hope you find the problem very annoying these things to locate and sort out.

Hi buddy maybe you can do a quick test to see if you get the same issue??

Crank the volume up to 11-12oclock then hover the arm and cart over the subplatter/motor spindle to see if you get the same??

Might be useful to see if all Exacts do it or it was an older batch and had now been rectified by rega??

I actually like the exact too

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

+ Reply to Thread