+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Digital Audio Interfaces, set up advice request, Hyface, Halide Bridge

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    But are not Windows 10 compatible, so Windows 8 or 7 required.
    Windows 10 allegedly has compatibility with some legacy equipment & drivers.
    The only way to know for certain is try it.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Windows 10 allegedly has compatibility with some legacy equipment & drivers.
    The only way to know for certain is try it.
    There was a thread on here not long ago when Windows 10 was not compatible with those items. Windows 7 full functionality, and Windows 8 limited functionality in my direct experience.
    Regards Neil

There was a thread on here not long ago when Windows 10 was not compatible with those items. Windows 7 full functionality, and Windows 8 limited functionality in my direct experience.
    I must have missed that thread.

Update - I can't find such a thread. Can you point me in the right direction please, Neil?
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 18-09-2018 at 16:24.
    Chris

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I must have missed that thread.

Update - I can't find such a thread. Can you point me in the right direction please, Neil?
    It was to do with a M2Tech Young Dac, but I don't know which thread. I don't book mark them.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I remember some of the early young dacs didn't work with win 10. No idea re other m2 stuff tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

It was to do with a M2Tech Young Dac, but I don't know which thread. I don't book mark them.
    Sounds like Bigman80's thread.
    Oli was having problems getting a Windows 10 laptop to play nice with a M2Tech Mk1 Young DAC, which is not the same thing as a HiFace.
    That thread didn't escape me.
    Chris

Bigman80 Guest

Here it is

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...7&share_type=t

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

But are not Windows 10 compatible, so Windows 8 or 7 required.
    Thanks Neil, yes correct and confirmed by Marco @ M2tech, the white ones will only work with Win 7,8 or Linux

Cheers

Neil

I'm Neil.

Default Old Digital Audio Interfaces, set up advice request, Hyface, Halide Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Lucerne View Post
    Thanks Neil, yes correct and confirmed by Marco @ M2tech, the white ones will only work with Win 7,8 or Linux

Cheers

Neil
    Doesn’t matter, the Halide Bridge is a better unit anyway, and will never need bespoke drivers.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Doesn’t matter, the Halide Bridge is a better unit anyway, and will never need bespoke drivers.
    Halide does not do 192 only 96. Not an issue for some, but for me I need 192 capability, reason why I did not buy the recent Halide advertised on here.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast