+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Digital Audio Interfaces, set up advice request, Hyface, Halide Bridge

I'm Neil.

Default Old Digital Audio Interfaces, set up advice request, Hyface, Halide Bridge

After finally getting a system set up again I'm hoping there's some knowledgeable people on here that could offer me advice on setting up an older M2 tech hyface (the white one) and /or an RCA Halide Bridge, both bought some time back and not used in the last 3 years or so.

Principally, will these work from a newer Win 10 laptop? Will I need new drivers, if so from where?

These will go into an Audio synthesis DAC, via BNC connection.

If both now redundant, whats the best best for a cheapish interface that betters the usual laptop sound card?

Cheers

Neil

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The HiFace requires the driver being installed before a PC sees the device.
    The drivers are on the M2Tech website.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

The RCA Halide Bridge should be plug and play. yup you need to download and install a driver for the other. well i did for the yellow one i had
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Thanks for the replies, I did see the Hyface listed on their download section, but it suggested my version was long since discontinued and only for Win 7. I'll give it a go though.

re the Halide Bridge, it used to plug and play on Win 7 but although now showing locked when I attach it to the DAC as soon as I start to play something it "unlocks" I'm wondering if there's a setting in Win 10 i need to change?

I'm Neil.

The Halide Bridge as suggested is plug & play, and requires no special drivers, works great in Linux too. I wouldn't worry about 'locked' / 'unlocked' messages as long as you hear music when stuff is playing.

The only thing I'd change is to ensure that your Halide Bridge is outputting using WASAPI. What playback software are you using?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Thanks Neil,

I've not managed to get a peep out of it locked or unlocked yet, thinking Win10 might be the issue. If that's not the case i'll have another go...where/how do you change to WASAPI output?

At the moment just using Spotify, but previously used Foobar, which I've just downloaded...is that still OK?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Spotify from PC?
    There's no ASIO or WASAPI compatibility.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

you will need to select it from the list of audio players. right click the speaker icon at bottom and select "open sound settings" then select output device
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

OK, thanks all, will have another bash at it this evening.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The HiFace requires the driver being installed before a PC sees the device.
    The drivers are on the M2Tech website.
    But are not Windows 10 compatible, so Windows 8 or 7 required.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast