+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted : cosmetically attractive Tannoy cabinets

I'm Neil.

Default Wanted : cosmetically attractive Tannoy cabinets

Looking for a pair of floor standing cabinets that will house my 10", and eventually some 12", DCs.

I'm Nick.

There's a pair of empty Cheviot cabs on the 'bay right now for £100, perfect for 12" HPDs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Ch...MAAOSwbVdbnT5P

I'm Neil.

Thanks. The seller says they need restoration, and I'm not very handy, so I'll pass on these.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversmileatacrocodile View Post
    Thanks. The seller says they need restoration, and I'm not very handy, so I'll pass on these.
    Smartening tired cabinets just requires a little patience. Many of us here have done it and can advise.

I'm Steve.

I think what you're looking for - good condition EMPTY cabinets - will be very difficult to find. I think you'll find empty, 'tatty' cabinets that need restoration, and complete speakers in either good or tatty condition. Just my view but best of luck.

I'm ROGER.

These might meet your requirements, I currently have these for sale on ebay but will sell privately. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163261078...84.m1555.l2649

I'm Steve.

Neil, you could do a lot worse than consider Roger's cabinets, I've seen them and they are in very nice condition.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread