+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I feel I can ask this now that it has sold, but aren't Monarchy still in business and still producing this amp?
    Yes they are still going and grossly underrated too. Their DACs are something else, way better than they are given credit for.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    Their DACs are something else, way better than they are given credit for.
    I know. I have an M22B and an M22C. They sound remarkable.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’m surprised you parted with it. Especially seeing how rare it is. I hope it’s not one of those sales we live to regret? Although, it is a testament to how good the competition is! The other amps must really be something to cause you to part with it.

Russell
    It's not a decision I took lightly but everytime I take the Krell or Lux out, a track later, one of them goes back in.

No point keeping it when it's not getting any use. Rarity aside, if I could keep them all, I probably would. This is a great amp, make no mistake. It's proper and the new owner knows this. He's heard it and snapped it up instantly. A wise man is he.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I feel I can ask this now that it has sold, but aren't Monarchy still in business and still producing this amp?
    They are but they don't make the SM-70 anymore. Only the Pro version.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    They are but they don't make the SM-70 anymore. Only the Pro version.

Their website says otherwise.

Geoff

I'm Grant.

monarchy went into liquidisation a few years ago. dunno if they found a buyer to restart tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

CC.Poon, the Owner of Monarchy, told me via email, that the SM-70 is no longer made. I enquired because I wanted another one to run in bridged mode with this one. We had a lengthy and informative email chain and he was kind enough to send me the Circuit diagram to help me repair one of the other Monarchy's I own. I have two left

His website is out of date too. He is advertising a valve preamp that sold long back. His website manager only updates every few months but I suspect it hasn't been done for some time.

Whether they are making the SM-70PRO'S out of old stock or still making them from new parts, I don't know. What I do know is that the older Monarchy's were Class A (depending on your definition of what Class A is) and the design changed in the newer ones. The older versions are more desirable and sound better. That's according to what I've found in various websites.

Also just to point out the obvious, this is a MK1. The ones on his website are MK2. Not the same beast.

I'm Steve.

I guess i should fess up, l snapped it up.
    Had i known Oliver was parting with it, it wouldn't have had the chance of being for sale on the forum.
    I heard this mighty little power amp at Firebottles and instantly took a shine to it.

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    I guess i should fess up, l snapped it up.
    Had i known Oliver was parting with it, it wouldn't have had the chance of being for sale on the forum.
    I heard this mighty little power amp at Firebottles and instantly took a shine to it.

Steve...
    I've go to say Steve, you've made some great choices lately!! Money spent well IMO

I'm Steve.

I should say I've had the opportunity to listen to some great gear of late and guidance from a couple of nice chaps both have a keen ear but one in particular has an exceptional ear

Steve ...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast