+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Over Gold

I'm Nat.

Default Love Over Gold

Hi I have an original UK 1st Press of Dire Straits - Love Over Gold that has this gold impressed circle on the back cover just below the Vertigo emblem on the top right corner. I have searched on Discogs and not found another copy with the same mark and was wondering if any of you Dire Straits fans either own another one or have seen another one like it?
    [IMG]IMG_2622 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141362658@N06/]

I'm Grant.

Nope not seen it tmk. Never collected dire stuff and tbh there isn't much collectible stuff out there. That may be one ☝️
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Nat

Did you buy it back in the day, or is it a more recent acquisition?

I bought a copy when it came out.
    There is no gold embossed anything on the back of the sleeve.
    It was common practise for record companies to put some kind of stamp on promotional copies, such as the ones played in the record shop. Mostly you'd find "promotional copy not for resale" or similar.
    Your golden disc could be one such stamp.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Joe.

I have six copies of this album and non has the gold embossing.

I'm Nat.

I found it in a Charity Shop maybe 3 years ago when I bought a bunch records including thre Dire straits LP's. I'm not a fan and bought them just to see if I might like them unfortunately I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Nat

Did you buy it back in the day, or is it a more recent acquisition?

I bought a copy when it came out.
    There is no gold embossed anything on the back of the sleeve.
    It was common practise for record companies to put some kind of stamp on promotional copies, such as the ones played in the record shop. Mostly you'd find "promotional copy not for resale" or similar.
    Your golden disc could be one such stamp.

I'm Steve.

I have a german pressing of their debut album with the labels on the wrong side, collectable? no idea.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    I have a german pressing of their debut album with the labels on the wrong side, collectable? no idea.
    I have a couple of LPs where the labels are on the wrong side. Collectable? - well collectors will collect just about anything, if they are so inclined.
    Barry

I'm Nat.

Records that have labels reversed or spelling mistakes or tracks in the wrong order can be worth something but the gold impressed circle on this record cover has been put there on purpose by whoever printed it and I’m interested to find out why because no other copy I can find has the same thing. It’s never going to be worth anything I’m just intrigued.

I'm Russell.

The gold circle on the cover simply means you’ve won a tour of the Willy Wonka chocolate factory.

Russell

PS, watch out for those Umpalumpa, a nasty lot they be.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    The gold circle on the cover simply means you’ve won a tour of the Willy Wonka chocolate factory.

Russell

PS, watch out for those Umpalumpa, a nasty lot they be.
    Most of the Umpalumpas have a Saturday job at Currys, best to go then
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast