+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard plinth: Shindo vs Artisan Fidelity

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Not clear how this applies to TD124?
    You could always ask RJC to build a plinth for the 124 and compare the two it could be seriously interesting I suspect.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Hi Matt

I'd appreciate your opinions on either of these offerings for a 401:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARRARD-4...UAAOSwrR5bm318

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARRARD-4...gAAOSwD5Za6ejS
    Links are dead for me.., what do they point to?
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Drew.

Apologies. these should work:

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Links are dead for me.., what do they point to?

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Hi Matt

I'd appreciate your opinions on either of these offerings for a 401:

The links don't seem to be working?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Drew.

Hi Matt

The links immediately prior to your last post still work...

Quote Originally Posted by A.Grail View Post
    The links don't seem to be working?

I'm Matt.

Ah yes, unfortunately I don't have any first hand experience with the maker or their plinths.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Neil.

I am curious as well.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

I believe Tom (montesquieu) has the gloss black jobbie in his second system with a 401
    I’m sure he will be along in due course with his view.. in the flesh they look nice.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Neil.

So I spoke with Das Pinth and he did not recommend any of his plinths for use with an SME 5. English isn't his first language so it was a stilted conversation. I have no idea why the 5 isn't suitable. Must say I feel a little down about that as I was thinking about giving one ago He also won't cut any extra arm boards for other arms, only supply un cut blanks. That alone for me is an issue as I don't have the ability to cut arm boards.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    So I spoke with Das Pinth and he did not recommend any of his plinths for use with an SME 5.
    That's a peculiar thing for him to say. If the plinth can be cut with a 9" SME mount, then it'll work with a V. There's no magic to it!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast