+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard plinth: Shindo vs Artisan Fidelity

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I don't see how you can write off all of a guy's work in this way.
    Any evidence to support this comment?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Any evidence to support this comment?
    Eh?

I'm Nick.

Not to speak for him but I think Tom was defending RC's work, not disparaging it. The evidence being that he's happy with his RC plinth, as stated in this thread.

I'm Russell.

If you can find exactly how it’s made, go to a local cabinet shop and have them make one, a few hundred bucks at best. Just don’t let them see the prices on the others.

Russell

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post
    Not to speak for him but I think Tom was defending RC's work, not disparaging it. The evidence being that he's happy with his RC plinth, as stated in this thread.
    That was how I read it - in reply to Vrajbasi's comments.
    Barry

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Calling utter bollocks on this. As I'm sure anyone who had heard mine (or indeed Adam's) could testify.

Not a fan of the 301 in any case. Dull and lifeless for the most part compared to the 401 or my favourite, the TD124 (suitably Schoppered).
    This is my opinion after spending my hard earned cash to find out and wasting a fair bit too.

I love the build quality of his plinths they are stunning. obviously I dont know how they work with a 124 so I cant comment, I value your opinion I am sure it sounds great. Russ offers excellent value for money and are a bargain for what they are. I have owned a Schoppered 124 its a nice deck for sure. Not my favourite deck neither is the 301 or 401 but I respect all of them in what they do. And would never slag anyone off for owning any deck hifi is just a bit off fun end of the day.

Thats why I own more than one deck I dont think any off my decks satisfy me in all areas they all have there strengths and weaknesses. The Micro Seiki 8000 is giving most of what I want for now until I get fed up off it.

The only deck for me that does it all for my taste I have to add is the Rockport system 111 but too complex and I dont want a compressor and impossible to find.
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 19-09-2018 at 23:32.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Matt.

It may be important to note that Cherry trees are revered in Japan. The shindo plinths I have had were very nice but the 'magic' in many ways is in the high mass arm pod....I say this having compared directly with a solid cherry Russ Collinson plinth. The RJC Cusworth plinth is in a very different league. I say this based on the bespoke nature of book matched woods, the inert resin pods for motor detachment and arm pod isolation along with the arm pod itself. Each plinth takes over 200 hours to complete. I don't imagine a highly skilled tax paying master cabinet maker charges less than £20 per hour (This of course does not include metal work or materials...)

Also important to note the Peek Hifi platters are very nice but in no way the same as the Shindo in design, size weight or performance.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.Grail View Post
    It may be important to note that Cherry trees are revered in Japan. The shindo plinths I have had were very nice but the 'magic' in many ways is in the high mass arm pod....I say this having compared directly with a solid cherry Russ Collinson plinth. The RJC Cusworth plinth is in a very different league. I say this based on the bespoke nature of book matched woods, the inert resin pods for motor detachment and arm pod isolation along with the arm pod itself. Each plinth takes over 200 hours to complete. I don't imagine a highly skilled tax paying master cabinet maker charges less than £20 per hour (This of course does not include metal work or materials...)

Also important to note the Peek Hifi platters are very nice but in no way the same as the Shindo in design, size weight or performance.
    Not clear how this applies to TD124?

I'm Matt.

My remarks were concerning Garrards
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Drew.

Hi Matt

I'd appreciate your opinions on either of these offerings for a 401:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARRARD-4...UAAOSwrR5bm318

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARRARD-4...gAAOSwD5Za6ejS

Quote Originally Posted by A.Grail View Post
    My remarks were concerning Garrards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast