+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 second remedy for loose valve bases

I'm Drew.

Default 3 second remedy for loose valve bases

A simple yet effective solution for valve bases that feel slightly loose, avoiding crappy, messy gluing...Gently slide the pointed end of a wooden tooth pick between base and side of the glass then carefully bend back to snap toothpick off the at the tip. Repeat on other side if necessary. Works a treat...
    Last edited by da2222; 16-09-2018 at 06:52.

I'm Gareth.

An alternative option: Inject a small quantity of nail polish remover between the base and the glass all the way round. This seems to reactivate the original bonding material and attaches the two together again. Worked for me with a number of loose bases.

I'm Dominic.

Back in my TV repair days we used to get some needle nosed pliers and put a small kink in the valve pins of only a millimetre or so which worked every time. The valves then would be as firm as a rock and a quick wiggle cleaned crud off the valve pins too. Helped cut down microphony as a bonus.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Grant.

we moved to transisters
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    we moved to transisters
    Big mistake. Huge...

I'm Grant.

valve tvs were troublesome ...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Heard that.

Valve CPUs were also quite large

I'm Drew.

Like that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    An alternative option: Inject a small quantity of nail polish remover between the base and the glass all the way round. This seems to reactivate the original bonding material and attaches the two together again. Worked for me with a number of loose bases.

I'm Ian.

John turrell, rip, a valve guru I used to know always recommended superglue to me

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    John turrell, rip, a valve guru I used to know always recommended superglue to me
    That's what Ask Jan in Germany recommended to me.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast