+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtd: EL34 valves

I'm Edward.

Default Wtd: EL34 valves

Was just going to order some JJ EL34 valves from Watford Valves. But was wondering if anyone here have spare ones they no longer need.

Looking for 2, 3 or 4 of either the JJ EL34L or EL34 Mark 2.

But maybe something completely different and 'higher end'? In which case need a quad.

What have you got?

Cheers

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Rob.

Hi,

Just wanted to say I bought a matched quad of 'cryo' JJ EL34 valves from Watford Valves and found them to be a huge improvement over the stock chinese valves in my Icon Audio ST25 mk2. Thought they were good value for money to.

Good luck with your search.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokiebloke View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to say I bought a matched quad of 'cryo' JJ EL34 valves from Watford Valves and found them to be a huge improvement over the stock chinese valves in my Icon Audio ST25 mk2. Thought they were good value for money to.

Good luck with your search.
    Hi Rob

Thanks for that. How would you describe the improvement you heard?

I have wondered about cryo valves but held back as it sounds like there may be a lot of 'foo' involved and always on the guard for expectation bias creeping in. Interesting you found a huge improvement. I may do some more research to see if any validity. If I can't find some EL34s from this wanted post I may go in a different direction and get the Harma cryo valves.

But still looking ...
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

JJ KT77 should be fine also.
    Spendorman

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    JJ KT77 should be fine also.
    Yes indeed. Thanks for the reminder Alex.

So any EL34s or KT77s looking for a loving home?

§

I'm Lawrence.

Have you tried the Chinese (Shuguang) variety? From my experience they are better at producing good power valves than the smaller signal valves. You can borrow my back up pair if you want to try them. (I have JJs in my amp too).

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Have you tried the Chinese (Shuguang) variety? From my experience they are better at producing good power valves than the smaller signal valves. You can borrow my back up pair if you want to try them. (I have JJs in my amp too).
    Is it a good idea to mix different valves.

Thanks for the offer of a borrow Lawrence. Maybe when we next meet we can try things.

For now just building up necessary JJ spares as two el34s are down and only got one working spare.

Unless someone has a quad set of a different make.

§

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry I meant matched pair of pairs, I should probably have said matched quad instead!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Perfect matched pair original JJ-Tesla EL34, used and measuring good as new and both exactly the same. £12 collected W14. Sorry no time to post these next few weeks..

I'm James.

Matched quad of Mullard EL34, genuine NOS/NIB, all Xf4 B8D1 black base. All measure within 5% envelope for emmissions and Gm. £240 collected W14. Sorry no time to post..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast