+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wtd: EL34 valves

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sorry I meant matched pair of pairs, I should probably have said matched quad instead!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Ah right. Yes great lets have a listening session sometime. If I recall we were planning a session with Don and having a Tannoy shoot out sometime. Perhaps we can combine things?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Perfect matched pair original JJ-Tesla EL34, used and measuring good as new and both exactly the same. £12 collected W14. Sorry no time to post these next few weeks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    Matched quad of Mullard EL34, genuine NOS/NIB, all Xf4 B8D1 black base. All measure within 5% envelope for emmissions and Gm. £240 collected W14. Sorry no time to post..
    James, very generous. The NOS/NIB Mullards are very very tempting. When I started off with my original STA25 (possibly getting a second life soon) I ran with the original Mullards and sound was very lush etc. But I'll pass on yours as I probably would be to scared of actually using them so they would remain NIB.

But love to have the JJ-Teslas and happy to pick up. I'll drop you a PM to exchange details.

E
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Another vote for the Shugang cryos. Bought a quad for a PP amp I had some time ago. Really surprised how good they were, better than a NOS set of RFL’s I also bought at the time.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alex.

GEC KT77's would cost a bit, I bought four about 20 years ago, gone ridiculous price now.
    Spendorman

I'm Phil.

I found the ruby tubes to sound best in my single ended amps
    Phil.

I'm Lawrence.

I spoke to Don the other day he's still up for it if you are, just the date to sort out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12