+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    The listener experience of the TTS8000 matches my own and, interestingly, the findings of The Vintage Knob, who suggest that its outright sound quality may well be preferable to the PS-X9. .
    I’m afraid it isn’t quite! The TTS-8000 is a stunner and a truly superb deck. However the PS-X9 is nothing short of spellbinding and, from a personal point of view, is one of the two candidates I would offer up as THE best turntable I have ever heard.

Jamie’s TTS-8000 is looking fab, though, although please tell me you’ve now straightened up the new arm. The distance between headshell and platter when the arm is in its rest in your pictures is setting my CDO off!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Richie.

I’ve got Stevie Wonder on too!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I’m afraid it isn’t quite! The TTS-8000 is a stunner and a truly superb deck. However the PS-X9 is nothing short of spellbinding and, from a personal point of view, is one of the two candidates I would offer up as THE best turntable I have ever heard.

Jamie’s TTS-8000 is looking fab, though, although please tell me you’ve now straightened up the new arm. The distance between headshell and platter when the arm is in its rest in your pictures is setting my CDO off!
    Only heard the same Adam and along with the Technics SP10 MK3 or new new SL-1000R, I'd have one.

They go for big bucks when they show though, pretty much like most 'ulitmate' pieces in this game, new or old so I'll dream on.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Dont worry about it, whatever it is.

You're 'real', passionate and one of the most straight up genuine people I've had the good fortune and pleasure of dealing with, and that's straight up ! - dont change from being the asset you are !

Places like this NEED people like you
    Cheers Robbie, that's good of you to say. and don't worry, i take no notice of the negativity. Life is too short to worry.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Cheers Robbie, that's good of you to say. and don't worry, i take no notice of the negativity. Life is too short to worry.
    Too right
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Yes i have been banging on about this arm and as usual attracted some criticism from some areas of forum land but i couldn't give a Sh@t. This arm is absolutely top class and deserves to be spoken about in the highest of praise.
    Fuk em . Your recommendations have led me me to get 2 great pieces of kit which have made a really positive difference to my listening pleasure. There might have been a 3rd if the geometry had been right so I'd advise anyone to trust your opinion, which is honest. You also also give back to this community in other ways -spotfires and new Bigbottle to be. So thanks from me. Cheers Andy

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Fuk em . Your recommendations have led me me to get 2 great pieces of kit which have made a really positive difference to my listening pleasure. There might have been a 3rd if the geometry had been right so I'd advise anyone to trust your opinion, which is honest. You also also give back to this community in other ways -spotfires and new Bigbottle to be. So thanks from me. Cheers Andy
    Thanks Andy,. I'm glad to have helped!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Exactly and thats the stuf some dont know or see. Offered up his time and effort a while back, without prompting to sort out my very nice Yannis phono interconnect for me.

Tested the thing, fed back to me in order that I could eliminate if it was faulty or not.

Soldered new plugs etc etc, no charge, no issues - just excellent giving and community spirit
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Exactly and thats the stuf some dont know or see. Offered up his time and effort a while back, without prompting to sort out my very nice Yannis phono interconnect for me.

Tested the thing, fed back to me in order that I could eliminate if it was faulty or not.

Soldered new plugs etc etc, no charge, no issues - just excellent giving and community spirit
    Ok, stop it now, I'm blushing!

Happy to help mate. As always!

Anyway, we're hijacking Jamie's thread of his very lovely TTS-8000 and equally as important, the wonderful arm he has now put in it.

I'm awaiting mine btw. In no rush but after hearing Jamie's, I am very excited to get the MK6 here asap!

I'm Robert.

Ok, stop it now, I'm blushing!

Happy to help mate. As always!

Anyway, we're hijacking Jamie's thread of his very lovely TTS-8000 and equally as important, the wonderful arm he has now put in it.

I'm awaiting mine btw. In no rush but after hearing Jamie's, I am very excited to get the MK6 here asap!
    I'll be very tempted if Angus does engineer an on the fly system for it, very very tempted - even if it meant shoe-horning it onto my Techie somehow
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast