+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    Imo it's a nonsense term used by audiophiles to try to explain sonic difference. It's in the audiophile index of shite alongside emotion and musicality.

I speak as an owner of a TTS8000. It's the best I've owned and one of the very best I've heard. It would cost a fortune if it was made today becaise it features a very high level engineering. The SP10 is also an excellent deck and with the TTS8000, the L07D and the Denon DP80, seminal decks in the history of Japanese audio excellence
    "Imo it's a nonsense term used by audiophiles to try to explain sonic difference. It's in the audiophile index of shite alongside emotion and musicality."

Hmm, I disagree.

If you don't connect emotionally with a recording via your system, you are missing out.

Musicality is another word for "good fun whilst not being entirely accurate" IMO.

I'm Ian.

I'm still not convinced it's a good way to describe what you hear but I do know it's very hard to put into words how you feel about performance and the listening experience. I also suffer from sausage finger syndrome.
    I would make the effort to go and listen to Jamie's tt but he's banned me from his place in case I break the sofa with my fat arse.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    "Imo it's a nonsense term used by audiophiles to try to explain sonic difference. It's in the audiophile index of shite alongside emotion and musicality."

Hmm, I disagree.

If you don't connect emotionally with a recording via your system, you are missing out.

Musicality is another word for "good fun whilst not being entirely accurate" IMO.
    You connect emotionally with the music. A hifi system reproduces the music with accuracy or with added euphony at the discretion of the owner.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

I've heard people use musicality in many different ways because it's a nonsense phrase, open to interpretation yet meaning nowt!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

Bigman80 Guest

You connect emotionally with the music. A hifi system reproduces the music with accuracy or with added euphony at the discretion of the owner.
    You can't connect emotionally with poorly reproduced audio.

No inanimate object can be emotional. To suggest So is ridiculous.

Bigman80 Guest

I've heard people use musicality in many different ways because it's a nonsense phrase, open to interpretation yet meaning nowt!
    Thats what I get when I read that in a review. "Musicality"

I'm Geoff.

You can't connect emotionally with poorly reproduced audio.

No inanimate object can be emotional. To suggest So is ridiculous.
    First point nonsense. That would be to dismiss many old recordings as incapable of stirring emotions. Tell that to Mihaela Jackson.

Second point we agree. A hifi component cannot be emotional. The performance can be and we hope that our system reproduces it well.

Bigman80 Guest

First point nonsense. That would be to dismiss many old recordings as incapable of stirring emotions. Tell that to Mihaela Jackson.

Second point we agree. A hifi component cannot be emotional. The performance can be and we hope that our system reproduces it well.
    I'll tell "Mihaela Jackson" when I see him/her?.

We'll just have to respectfully disagree.

The recording isn't what's in question, you've moved the goal post.

There's an ability by the best gear to drop your jaw with a recording you've heard many times. That's the feeling of shock or euphoria. Emotion. For the Sony to be the best TT you've had, it must have given you a feeling that nothing else had. That's an emotional experience.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

I'm Geoff.

I'm Geoff.

I'll tell "Mihaela Jackson" when I see him/her?.

We'll just have to respectfully disagree.

The recording isn't what's in question, you've moved the goal post.

There's an ability by the best gear to drop your jaw with a recording you've heard many times. That's the feeling of shock or euphoria. Emotion. For the Sony to be the best TT you've had, it must have given you a feeling that nothing else had. That's an emotional experience.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
    When you see her, tell her Oldy sent you and he sends his reverential best wishes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast