+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm Carsten.

Cool

Now a owner of a TTS-8000 for a few days and I am still experimenting with the deck.

I was looking for a Turntable for ambient & neo-classical and would never had thought of a DD-drive if it wasn't for this thread - thanks !

I must say it's a great sounding tt - mine is not as pretty as yours (yet.... ) and minor things needs fixing: Bulb exchange as earlier mentioned in this thread and I will have to sort out a proper armboard.

Question: Have you had any caps etc. Replaced ? They are getting quite old now.

I am still trying to figure out how attach pics inline, but here's mine:

TTS-8000-1587x1190.jpg
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

I'm jamie.

here you go

the tts-8000 is a brilliant turntable,some would say it betters the sp10 for speed accuracy.
    the armboard i use and like is a material called HI MACS,its resin based and works really easy,ive tried panzerholz before and im happy with the HI MACS.
    regarding the caps,no mine have not been replaced,i tend to think if its working fine then leave it be.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Carsten.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    here you go

the tts-8000 is a brilliant turntable,some would say it betters the sp10 for speed accuracy.
    the armboard i use and like is a material called HI MACS,its resin based and works really easy,ive tried panzerholz before and im happy with the HI MACS.
    regarding the caps,no mine have not been replaced,i tend to think if its working fine then leave it be.
    You continue to do your magic ! - thanks
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

Bigman80 Guest

here you go

"some would say it betters the sp10 for speed accuracy"

I, who's heard both, certainly wouldn't say that.

The strength of the TTS8000 Isn't outperforming the SP10, Its strength being slightly more organic or tonputnit a better way, has the ability of the best belt drives to sound totally fluid.

Which you'll find is down to the differences in plinth between yours and the SP10 In use on the day. The other reason is the way the motor works. It's "butterfly windings" make for a slightly smoother rotation. It's certainly one of the best turntables I've heard.

As you know Jamie, I rate the TTs8000 incredibly highly. It's a turntable one should aspire to own BUT for timing and speed accuracy, the SP10 MK2 is king IMO.

I'm jamie.

as you say mate,in your opinion.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

as you say mate,in your opinion.
    Yes and only mine matters, to me

Seriously, it's up there with the VPI and SP10 as the most impressive turntables I've heard.

I'm Ian.

Very interesting debate going on here and as I've never heard either turntable I can't comment on performance. However I do have a question, I know what a organic chicken is and an organic turnip but I just can't corelate organic to a turntable, can someone please explain. Also what does " tonputnit " mean, never heard the word before. Many thanks in advance.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Very interesting debate going on here and as I've never heard either turntable I can't comment on performance. However I do have a question, I know what a organic chicken is and an organic turnip but I just can't corelate organic to a turntable, can someone please explain. Also what does " tonputnit " mean, never heard the word before. Many thanks in advance.
    Imo it's a nonsense term used by audiophiles to try to explain sonic difference. It's in the audiophile index of shite alongside emotion and musicality.

I speak as an owner of a TTS8000. It's the best I've owned and one of the very best I've heard. It would cost a fortune if it was made today becaise it features a very high level engineering. The SP10 is also an excellent deck and with the TTS8000, the L07D and the Denon DP80, seminal decks in the history of Japanese audio excellence
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Well, to me , for something to be organic, it has to sound real. Think of listening to the radio in the car, you know someone is singing but it rarely takes on a human image being formed in front of you. That what organic means to me, a piece of equipment which has the capability to create the illusion of reality. Whether that be tone, imaging, liquidity, it doesn't really matter. The best pieces, like Jamie's sony, and my SP10, have the ability to reproduce the fluidity, tone and imaging to make you believe you are listening to a real person.

A lot comes down to supporting equipment too but when added into Angus's rig, Sony made me believe it was an organism creating the music. When the SP10 was in and the Wizard valve phonostage went in, the same thing happened again.

It was quite an eye opener.

Jamie has coupled his organic turntable to a forensic phonostage which together will be brilliant.

I have coupled a forensic turntable to an Organic phonostage which is brilliant.

There are other ways like adding Valves into the pre and power amp section like Jimbo

Bigman80 Guest

PS, that other word was my fat fingers pressing all the wrong keys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast