+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm paul.

I haven't looked at this thread for a while and expected it to be finished. On the subject of arm mounting, on my DP80 I made a 25mm aluminium sub plinth with an arm mounting pod that bolts to the sub plinth.
    I've had limited success posting pics but if you are interested I can email you some to peruse and you can post them if you wish. Main plinth with tt locates on the sub plinth with spikes into dimples in the sub plinth. This keeps the plinth and arm pod in position with no chance of knocking out of line. Jeff Spall of audiomods has a DP80 in an aluminium cnc'd plinth with a heavy arm pod that just sits on the rack/table loose. Not likely to move but if someone else is dusting and knocks you're not to know.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm jamie.

cheers paul,ive been a bit side tracked re the plinth due to getting a lathe,its great fun and opens the door to future mods. although its too late now to start thinking about seperate arm pods.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    cheers paul,ive been a bit side tracked re the plinth due to getting a lathe,its great fun and opens the door to future mods. although its too late now to start thinking about seperate arm pods.
    Metal lathe? I replaced my old lathe this year as it was knackered. I kept the milling attachment and will build a separate milling machine with it. Only need a compound table as the milling cutter adjusts up and down.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm jamie.

yes a metal lathe,its only a small one,hobbymat md65 with the milling head and loads of other parts. its currently set up in the kitchen
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    yes a metal lathe,its only a small one,hobbymat md65 with the milling head and loads of other parts. its currently set up in the kitchen
    Very handy when you need it.

I'm jamie.

underneath all routed out today.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

work in progress, finished veneering the sides today,clean up tomorrow.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

and cleaned up.

next job is to route out both top and bottom edges to except a black ebony square line,ive not decided on the size but probably 2.8mm,apart from being decorative it also lets me give the edges a good rounding over. sharp square edges dont look right to my eye,
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andre.

I used put a thin black Ebony inlay down the back where the two ends of the veneer meet.

I'm jamie.

what mistake would that be then?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast